EFL on Quest | Vital Football

EFL on Quest

Billy Goatham

Vital Reserves Team
I heard the reference this afternoon to yesterdays Wycombe game with ‘ and thanks to the investment from new American owners ( or words to that effect) Wycombe go top ’. It occurred to me that its probably the American owners that PDS was courting in early January as he excitedly told the gathered throng whilst he was doing his meet the fans bit last Xmas.
We have a larger catchment area with an ,albeit diminishing, larger support and arguably better transport links and proximity to London.
I wonder who or what put them off us and made them choose Wycombe if it was them ?

Maybe it was us, the fans lol.

I don’t think it was.

The new investor was interviewed on R5L a few weeks ago. Mentioned he was looking at other clubs. He mentioned Yeovil (I think!) but not Gillingham.

Interesting interview. He has history in the US with sports franchises in soccer and basketball (I think!) He’s looking to apply similar model to WWFC.

Apparently, he’d lent a sh1t load of cash to WWFC to bail them out a few seasons back, without which they would have struggled to survive. The debt is due to be repaid by the supporters trust, unless they approve the deal for the takeover. Looks like the supporter’s trust have little option.