Eaves and Holy.... Cash in?? | Page 3 | Vital Football

Eaves and Holy.... Cash in??

There was another "communication" between a Gills fans and Wilkinson on Twitter - that got a lot more aggressive quite quickly. I can't post it on here (technology beyond me) but easy enough to find.

Not saying that we should hero worship players but I think we should engage with them in a respectful way.
Was this with the kid who was on one of those fan vlog accounts and loves to address tweets to the players criticising them? A load of players have bitten and responded to him IIRC.

No one in there right mind would take Holy he is a liability quite possibly one of our worst keepers on current form if eaves wants out cash in and get someone new if were gonna rely on list Hanlan and parker we will go down

Was this with the kid who was on one of those fan vlog accounts and loves to address tweets to the players criticising them? A load of players have bitten and responded to him IIRC.

This kid can’t have it both ways- baiting a player until they respond and then crying about it.

Ps I don’t think we’ll have an issue with someone bidding for Holy in January

I would think anything around £200K would be acceptable, due to the time left on his contract. Unfortunately, I do not think we could get any adequate replacement for anything this low.

A club of the stature that would consider signing Tom would rather wait 6 months and get him on a free than shell out £1m.

I’d love A massive deal to happen but it won’t. We will get a couple of hundred grand- and that’s if we are lucky

Dack moving could help Eaves stay .But as we found ino the past with Dack himself .A player like Eaves could let his form and fitness go in the run down to a summer move.

A club of the stature that would consider signing Tom would rather wait 6 months and get him on a free than shell out £1m.

Possibly if they were guaranteed a mid table finish and were also extremely confident they were going to get him in the summer.

I think the more likely scenario is that any club who wants him would see him as a part of them achieving their goals this season - spending some money means a) they definitely get their man b) they get him now.

Anything less than £1m should be rejected for eaves. We need to stay in this division at all costs.

You’d seriously turn down £900k for him in January!!??

We’d have a better chance of being successful in this division longer term with £900k In January rather than receiving nothing in July.

Anything less than £1m should be rejected for eaves. We need to stay in this division at all costs.

Do we ?

We seem unlikely to challenge for the playoffs in league one any time soon. I think most people will accept that we aren't investing in the team and the clubs focus (rightly or wrongly) is on the new ground and search for investors. That means every year will be a relegation struggle.

What if we did go down and actually found ourselves to be competitive and challenging near the top ? Would that bring back the feel good factor and a few more fans ?

My only worry about being relegated is that we aren't competitive and we run the risk of dropping again. Plenty of clubs just like us have done that

Yep that's the one. He certainly doesn't seem Mr. Popular. He had a similar run in with Oldaker a few months back.

I saw the run in with Oldaker referenced on his Twitter so tried to trawl back through his tweets - gave up after five minutes and still viewing tweets from the previous two days - think this guy needs to turn off Twitter just once in a while.

After yesterday it is clear we need a few new faces .Ogilvie gave Steve Lovell enough reason to let him go.Nash and Wilkinson could well have bids for them so we could well have that option.Eaves is almost certainly going to be the subject of bids .On top of that there is Holy well after yesterday's display it is hard to see him top of any wanted list.But a impressive display against Cardiff could quickly change that.
With Fuller possibly injured for a while we would need another full back anyway if Ogilvie left .Perhaps we could gamble one would be enough if Fuller is not too serious. Losing up to three forwards would I think mean we would need at least one or two coming in.That if there are departures could leave room to bring in a midfield or two if Scally has a little spare in the budget. One thing seems certain it is likely to be a busy month on the transfer front.

One thing seems certain it is likely to be a busy month on the transfer front.

I am not so sure Chris. Nash and possibly Wilkinson released (contracts terminated by mutual consent) and that might be it. We have in the past had loan signings in January but more often than not they were squad players who rarely played.

The big news will be around Eaves but wouldn't surprise me if nothing happened and he agreed to join a club in the summer.

The bigger news for us may be at Ewood and whether Dack moves that would give us some cash flow which may or may not change our transfer strategy.

All in all I think it will be quiet but I hope you are right as the squad clearly needs freshening up - lets hope some of the younger players can step up.

I think we simply have to keep eaves for the rest of the season his goals are currently the only chance of avoiding relegation, dropping down would reduce the clubs income from tv and solidarity payments from approximately £1.4 million down to £900000, whilst this probably wouldn't make a difference to the chairman's income it would surely make a big dent in the playing budget making our probably poor budget even worse coupled with only being able to spend 55% of turnover in league 2 compared to 60% in league one, can anyone realistically see us being a top seven club or would we more likely be the next orient or tranmere