Early kick offs? | Vital Football

Early kick offs?

If its gonna make such a huge difference in costs for the club I think at least through this period its a no brainer. We are obviously strained financially and the government is giving business bugger all help worth mentioning.

I dont know if there would be a trade off with fewer fans attending. It's worth investigation and probably worth a trial but if it puts fans off it won''t fly. What they can do immediately is turn down the lights on the final whistle and turn them off once fans are safely out. Any cleaning up can be done the following day. Sometimes the lights stay on for ages.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway...-kick-off-time-changes-for-gillingham-274342/
Harris makes some good points here. There are some fans who work Saturday mornings and would not be able to make a 1pm kickoff.
For the players and management I think they prefer the early kickoffs for the longer recovery time and more of the evening available to spend with their families.
I’ve no doubt if Evans was still in charge we’d have changed to 1pm by now, it suited him with his commute back to Peterborough after the Saturday games.

I dont know if there would be a trade off with fewer fans attending. It's worth investigation and probably worth a trial but if it puts fans off it won''t fly. .
Season ticket holders? If you bought a ticket to attend 3pm games, and can't make 1pm games, would you be entitled to a refund?

I know energy prices are sky rocketing for commercial customers, but this can't be that much of an issue, surely?

Season ticket holders? If you bought a ticket to attend 3pm games, and can't make 1pm games, would you be entitled to a refund?

I know energy prices are sky rocketing for commercial customers, but this can't be that much of an issue, surely?

You are probably right and certainly ST holders could be an insurmountable problem. Admittedly costs are rising sharply but a quick internet search suggests lighting costs are not a major issue.

Is it the case that you buy a season ticket for 3pm games? I thought they went on sale before fixtures were even announced? What about Tuesday, Wednesday and rearranged games?

And what happens in Prem and Champ where games are moved around to different days and times constantly?

Not advocating early kick offs, I think our gates would definitely go down. But just wondering about refunds.

I don't think a refund would apply but it could hit the clubs finances the following summer. If numerous season ticket holders can't make games due to the earlier kick offs they won't bother getting a ST again and risk losing out.