DW Crowds Post Covid | Vital Football

DW Crowds Post Covid

ZAKKY

Vital Football Hero
I got to wandering the other day what attendances would be like if we were allowed back in the next month or so. With everything that's gone on and the way the team is at present does anyone think we would get back to our 8 thousand diehards right away or have people got disillusioned ? Personally I think we will struggle to get 5thousand at the restart, Sadly I think we've regressed 25 years.

I got to wandering the other day what attendances would be like if we were allowed back in the next month or so. With everything that's gone on and the way the team is at present does anyone think we would get back to our 8 thousand diehards right away or have people got disillusioned ? Personally I think we will struggle to get 5thousand at the restart, Sadly I think we've regressed 25 years.
Have to agree with you mate
Going to take one hell of a lot of funding to get us back where we was last season let alone to those prem days
Championship football looking at what we have now is a long long way away
But at least we might have a club to support no matter if and when new owners take control

I should like to think fans will rally round and show their support by turning up just like they did at other clubs bouncing back from crisis.
Hopefully whoever it is that pulls the strings will shape themselves when it comes to marketing.

Really don't think there will be fans in stadiums at all this season, A one month lockddown soon will be followed by more shutdowns until the vaccine is widely available! April or May are the months being talked about for this so I would forget this season

If we go into a National lockdown as they did 6months ago for a month will they continue to play football matches or suspend the season?

I was wondering the same myself Sid. Read a report this morning in regards risk levels for various activities in regards contracting the virus and football was right up there. I get you can mitigate with near daily testing but not affordable at this level and we’ve already seen numerous outbreaks at clubs. Suspension of the season I think is quite probable.

In regards our crowds next season (agree with exile unlikely will be any until spring at earliest) then I think they will be lower. Of course maybe dependant on league we’re in and intentions of a new owner should we get one, but people will have got out of the habit of going.

Nobody's really answered the question of crowd numbers. I just meant whenever crowds are allowed back how many will we get

Latics fans like most clubs are very fickle,
we will have to have a team that is winning on a regular basis and pushing for promotion.

I think we will start with a crowd of between 4k to 6k,
providing we don't sink anymore with this present team.

If we go into a National lockdown as they did 6months ago for a month will they continue to play football matches or suspend the season?
The national lockdown will begin next week, the season will be abandoned with relegation and promotion still applied - with us likely to fall into the bottom 4 today that would be so Wigan.
The EFL would love it......!

Think it now needs to be 75% complete, so we should be okay. Championship will carry on, the whippet botherers will once again finish in the bottom 3 and survive again as there’ll be no relegation.

I hope the lapsed fans will return with the dual factor of having the freedom to attend football taken away and having the club itself being close to going bust. Hopefully it'll spark some sort of appreciation and create a desire to return to the DW.

I will be travelling down as soon as I can

Think we may be surprised certainly for the first few games - can see our core c8k plus another 1k who fancy getting out
Plus an average 5 away fans (bar Sunderland and Pompey)
After that it will be up to his the owners / players are doing

I was wondering the same myself Sid. Read a report this morning in regards risk levels for various activities in regards contracting the virus and football was right up there. I get you can mitigate with near daily testing but not affordable at this level and we’ve already seen numerous outbreaks at clubs. Suspension of the season I think is quite probable.

In regards our crowds next season (agree with exile unlikely will be any until spring at earliest) then I think they will be lower. Of course maybe dependant on league we’re in and intentions of a new owner should we get one, but people will have got out of the habit of going.
Absolutely no chance that the Premier League/Championship or any high level European League/UEFA Competitions get stopped. Clubs and the leagues can't afford it, they will go bust otherwise. They'll create training ground bubbles and put players up in hotels for a month if they have to like they did at the cricket.

EDIT: Been confirmed that elite clubs can continue to play (tier six and above). God know how the part time clubs will be able to train though!

Last edited by a moderator: