Durham Gala on saturday | Vital Football

Durham Gala on saturday

Any pictures or links to suggest that it's inviting?

I tend to keep away from those arse end of nowhere places. Durham is ok but still Hill Billy country like Stanley et al.

Tynemouth, however, has just been voted the best seaside town to visit in Britain. http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/tynemouth-named-best-seaside-destination-11555258

Went a few years back and found it to be full of knackers with skinheads and pitbulls still living in 1984

Ill give it a miss if you dont mind

Last time we went to Tynemouth, ended up getting run out of town by the fuzz, after an altercation with "hard nut" Manny Burgo. Picked on the smallest of a bunch, not realising that 52 of us were in town.

After a brief flurry of fists, by some real hard lads, the chicken shit hid behind a iron gate in a sidestreet.

Unfortunately for him we were back in town for another stag do, a couple of weeks later, he must have got wind, because he was nowhere to be found.

Thought the town smelt of fish, bird shite (female??) and ice cream in that order.

Only joking OM, story above is true thou!!

Would also agree with claud, we have a miners march close to the golf club in Stanley (OM), all they want to do is re-live the miners strike, the ones that are left.

I am sure OL, can provide a better analysis of this, personally does not interest me.

Oh Manny Burgo... You should see the clip of him now. He doesn't work the doors or anything anymore. Older Manny was the harder of the two and was a pro boxer I do believe in his younger days.

This was about 30 years ago, sure he was a boxer the one our lads got involved with, only problem for him, he had no backup, and 10 of the lads on the bus were really handy.

Think that's why he hid, it was funny as fuck as he goaded our lads, behind the door, but would not come out!!!

I'll be there Rytoon, gimme a bell if you fancy meeting up for a couple. I look forward to The Big Meeting more than any other day of the year. I feel very connected to the whole Gala thing as my family were miners in this area going back for generations. There's an extra reason for going this year, as Corbyn will be speaking. I expect there to be a crowd in excess of 50,000 to hear him do so. There will be three times that number in the city itself. I know people who are going who haven't been for years. My mother is one of them. There's a real excitement about this years Gala, and I cannot wait for it.

It's not a place for the likes of you OM, although you might wish to reflect on the history of Durham City, and its role in introducing Christianity to this country. Before the advent of this religion people who looked like you were shunned, often they were killed, as people believed that a persons character could be read in the face. Somebody who looked like you would be termed a gargoyle. With the advent of Christianity a certain compassion was introduced into proceedings, and charitable institutions began to evolve. You ought to be grateful, rather than a bitter little car delivery man who couldn't get a job in his chosen profession.

Remember OM, drink driving kills. I know you wish your life was over, but you shouldn't try and disfigure others. That won't help you will it, it won't make your grotesquely disfigured face any better, will it.

Haha, you've got a nerve criticising my looks. Fancy a grown man going on like that. I'd ask for the money you owe me but I fear it would come out of the pocket of an old lady or such like.

The company is called Driving Sensation by the way. You should come down one day and have a drive about if you're not busy at work.

As for a job in my chosen profession. I don't even graduate until Tuesday. :59:

You just "passed" your masters according to your previous post.

I'm afraid I'm too busy to come along to your Go Kart track, but you enjoy yourself playing dodgems rather than working as a solicitor. You've bragged endlessly about your being a solicitor, let me know when you are working as one.

Yep, got my grades a couple of weeks ago. Graduation ceremony is on Tuesday.

Go on, come and have a go. I know you're only qualified to drive go karts but I'm sure the instructors will let you have a shot of the proper cars if you ask nicely. Will be good practice so you can get to those factories in the future (which are too far bikes and too early for buses) if you ever decide to get a job.

http://www.driving-experience-uk.co.uk/?gclid=CjwKEAjw2PK7BRDPz5nDh9GjoGcSJAAybcS3YHSWC9OVs43OCc6SHjhPOv9Pl0fZcdRkfwJCkE80BBoCC13w_wcB

It is a good day out on many levels. Especially for lads my age I guess who grew up in the working class mining community, the latter stages of it sadly. It saddens me when younger people (who know everything of course, just like I did at the same age) are so quick to dismiss the importance of such events. As an aside, anyone fancying that Kynren thing which is on in Bishop Auckland. Haven't been yet myself but people I know who have are raving about the show they are putting on.

Why would I want to get to a factory OM?

I don't think you understand how it works.

Here's how it happens: Man (usually, it's nearly always a bloke) gets idea in his head that he fancies playing the guitar. Man goes out and buys one, tries to play it and it goes upstairs into the loft. Man still wants to play it, so he gets it down, and he looks for somebody who can show him. Man rings me, comes round, and I make him feel sexually inadequate, due to his inability to play the current poptastic songs on said instrument. Man pays money to said guitarist, and promises to follow the exercises given to him. Rinse and repeat.

Do I need to visit a factory for some reason? Is that where you test your Go Karts? What kind of solicitor are you that needs to deliver cars for a fucking living? I make a living at my chosen profession. Let me know if you want lessons, your disfigurement won't get in the way. I'll wear a blindfold.

It's clearly you that doesn't understand.

Haha, you're a hoot as well as a fantasist. A grown man calling people names about his appearance too is very sad. Especially when you look the way you do.

Here's how it happens: student is at university and works well paid part time job for driving super cars. Student completes degree and graduates. He then applies for full time jobs.

I hope neither of you turn out if you are gonna bicker on like this about nowt mind. Be a good day out man, especially if the sun shines.

Is it this weekend, Crook? (not you OL)

If it is I'll be at the festival in Tynemouth.

Edit: Didn't realise the Tynemouth one isn't for another couple of weeks.

Aye this Saturday mate, don't blame you for staying local mind. Tynemouth is indeed very nice these days. Then again most places are, I got a place down in Whitby and that is unrecognisable from a few years back. Oyster bars on the front and all those things. It seems an obvious thing to say on a Newcastle board but the only major town round here which continues to go downhill is Sunderland. I work there on and off and what a shithole. Its weird whoever is in charge doesn't do something about it?