Dummett | Vital Football

Dummett

Rza

Vital Champions League
Worst player on the park. At fault for both goals and tried his best to give away 3 when slide tackling to give them a penalty. Had a run of a few decent games but doesn't change the fact he's a league one player at best.

He's been superb under Rafa since coming back from injury . Had a bad game today by all accounts but not the only one.

He’s shit and always has been. A couple of half decent games where he hasn’t been exposed doesn’t change that.

Reactions: Rza
No need for him to go to ground in that tackle. Dummet is no more than average at best.

Had a bad game yesterday but has been solid since coming back and is a part of our upturn in form. Never going to be world class, but is a good solid left back. Don't know what people expect, are we thinking we need world beaters in every position?

Thing is the defence when settled hasn't performed that badly so far this season. It got better as the season went on. Dummet has filled in at left back which over the recent past seasons had become a problem position for us . Not since Enrique has that been a position where we can think its not problematic.
In my opinion he has been the best since Enrique.

Thing is the defence when settled hasn't performed that badly so far this season. It got better as the season went on. Dummet has filled in at left back which over the recent past seasons had become a problem position for us . Not since Enrique has that been a position where we can think its not problematic.
In my opinion he has been the best since Enrique.

I agree. I would be relatively happy to start next season with the back 5 we've ended with (dubravka, yedlin, lascelles, lejeune, dummett). Remember at the start of the season people on here making out we needed 100m + and pretty much an entire new team just to get 17th. Now that's been proven wrong, I think improving on 2 or 3, positions a year will build us a team that understands each other and steady progress. The defence is fine for now, up front is where we need the improvement

A football team needs different qualities. Compared to watching in my youth, it is a squad game now as much as a team game.

Unless a club are Champions League regulars, top quality in every position, and back up, is unattainable.

So, Dummett?

He brings a local flavour, in turn a bit of passion, effort, flexibility to play left back or left side of a back 3 and can keep a lot of opponents quiet.

No, he is not another Roberto Carlos but when you think Luke Shaw is rated as a £30m left back, Dummett allows the summer budget to go on more quality up front.

We have to recognise our limitations and for me, Dummett is a worthy member of the squad in the situation we find ourselves in.

Dummet has improved a lot but still makes the odd mistake. As for Enrique he flattered to deceive as we saw after his transfer to Liverpool. My old granny could have done a job at left back with spiderman minding the shop all day in front.

He's 'the best left back since Enrique because he is the only left back since Enrique. Not exactly got much competition since we haven't bought one. Even he wasn't bought

Santon , Haderia or Gamez were all bought and played in that position .... They may not be world beaters but his consistency puts him at the top of that group. Left back is no longer as big a problem as it was .

Easier for defenders to defend in a defensive setup...he's still woeful going forward. I've seen little improvement in him really other than he doesn't get caught out of position so much because he doesn't get forward as much

Santon was miles better than him
I like my defenders to defend... and he is not bad at it .. where Santon couldn't defend very well, but was good going forward.
This season Dummet has made some pretty handy wingers have quiet games when I have seen him play .
I will admit Dummet is not the best going forward .
Mbemba may be a good shout at full back how he doesn't get a game is beyond me

Santon was right footed it was that ****** pardew who started playing him there because we never bought a left back

Being right footed wasn't an issue for Maldini, Lahm , Zambrotta, Zanetti or Azpilicueta. Santon wasn't really given a fair shake here and in the dark recesses of my memory I'm sure I remember something about add ons in relation to appearances and the club saying he was injured and his lass saying he wasn't .

Santon was a right back. He had his best game ever at right back for inter marking Ronaldo out of a champions league game. Comparing him to worldclass players like maldini and lahm is laughable.