Dry January | Page 2 | Vital Football

Dry January

I'm doing this but not for a charity more because I want to shed some timber, jan is always a shit month. More to the point I'm skint lol

I have dry life now so doesn't apply to me. 11th sober birthday coming up on March 21st

Beautiful name. I had a girlfriend with a similar problem. It's no joke, fortunately there are a number of ointments and lotions available, even buy them off the shelf at Tesco's now. Hope January will be better form soon.

Just another and, not very good, marketing idea from the charity industry.

It aims to exploit the tradition of dieting and abstinence which follows every Christmas binge.

As the whole of Christmas is the transfer of my money to other people, my stock of goodwill is usually exhausted by January and so it would be impossible for me to participate.

The church gets it right when they wait until six weeks before Easter to start the self-denial with Lent.

This is just the charity industry jumping the gun.

SKEGGY - 8/1/2014 11:03

I had the obligatory lost weekends on booze,

Reminds me

[youtube=rqCPRGnrBqQ]

Mine was a week there before driving with a mate in an MG BGT to Berlin.

What a great time. Had a fascinating discussion with the devils dog.

OnMeHeadFred - 8/1/2014 13:53

It aims to exploit the tradition of dieting and abstinence which follows every Christmas binge.

As the whole of Christmas is the transfer of my money to other people, my stock of goodwill is usually exhausted by January and so it would be impossible for me to participate.

The church gets it right when they wait until six weeks before Easter to start the self-denial with Lent.

off topic really but hilarious how all the food and stuff is sold sold and sold to us for Xmas then as soon as we half way through, they all start over selling diets and detoxes!

The Fear - 8/1/2014 14:30

OnMeHeadFred - 8/1/2014 13:53

off topic really but hilarious how all the food and stuff is sold sold and sold to us for Xmas then as soon as we half way through, they all start over selling diets and detoxes!

All gyms are full until mid-February, empty by mid-March.

Yes, biggest recruitment time of the year, apparently the visits drop off within 3 weeks but many don't cancel or don't cancel for months.

Amazing really but I guess they get what they aimed for, they lose pounds!

The Fear - 8/1/2014 16:14

Yes, biggest recruitment time of the year, apparently the visits drop off within 3 weeks but many don't cancel or don't cancel for months.

Amazing really but I guess they get what they aimed for, they lose pounds!

:14:

I've been asked by a few people to Sponser them for this

Personally speaking, and 25 with no real commitments bar my job I like nothing more than having a decent session on a Friday and Saturday, although the hangovers seem to be getting worse!

A group of friends went out last saturday and the only real way for me to have joined them would be to have driven with taxi costs to get back home, so I stopped in. Some might think that sounds sad, and I would agree, but the thought of being out in social situations with everyone around me drinking fills me with horror whilst I am sipping on a Pepsi, plus it's something I enjoy. So ended up having a Chinese, no drink and had an early night. It was a welcome change to wake up Sunday with a clear head.

Friends also think it's strange how I can stop in and have a few drinks even if I am by myself, but I enjoy nothing more sometimes than sitting in my own surroundings, watching a film and just unwinding

The only time I ever see myself giving up the drink is probably if I have children as I will no doubt end up becoming a taxi service for them.