Draft system proposal | Page 2 | Vital Football

Draft system proposal

As I said, looking for something for nothing and failing to work out that under that system clubs currently under Posh would be strengthened more than they would be.

What makes you think he doesn’t realise that clubs under Posh would be strengthened more than they would be.

What makes you think he doesn’t realise that clubs under Posh would be strengthened more than they would be.

Because if you have ever followed MacAnthony's waffling before, everything is about how things affect him and the Posh. That is all he is ever interested in. So what he really means is that he wants a free draft system to suit himself.

Nothing wrong with that, but at least be honest about it.

Read that article closely. It is all about how much Premier teams quote him in loan fees. It also says that he already has three loanees from the Championship and he is still not happy. The more ringers he can get the better.

Why should a Premier League team spend money developing a young player so he can have the benefit for free? Why does he not set up a decent youth system himself?

He already purges non league teams for strikers, sells some on at a big profit and then whinges when some (e.g Ricky Miller) don't step up.

Yes, I get that you don’t like him. I know all about MacAnthony but can’t see anything in what he says that suggests he doesn’t realise that it wouldn’t be solely to his team’s advantage.

Are you reading something that isn’t there because you don’t like him?

Yes, I get that you don’t like him. I know all about MacAnthony but can’t see anything in what he says that suggests he doesn’t realise that it wouldn’t be solely to his team’s advantage.

Are you reading something that isn’t there because you don’t like him?
POSH = EU for him, ie it's an irrational dislike because nothing was written that would give him an advantage over teams lower in the table.

You clearly did not read the guy's proposal; there's no way Posh can benefit any more than others if the rules are as he sets them out. It doesn't stop Posh or any other team getting in loan players unless the total per team is capped to coincide with a draft. It is only a proposal.

But why has he put forward the proposal?

Does he have a record of speaking on behalf of the other EFL clubs for the greater good? Does he use the example of a figure quoted to him by a Premier League club just to make his point on behalf of everyone else? Draw your own conclusions.

He sold half of his stake in the club last year so he is less in a position to put this forward than Scally.

It will be interesting to see whether his Director of Football (who he is standing by) is convicted of the betting offences with which he has just been charged. At least he will not have the full Criminal record held by the Club manager.

Also nice to see Grant McCann doing so well at Doncaster. Will hopefully overtake his obese replacement shortly.

Does he have a record of speaking on behalf of the other EFL clubs for the greater good? Does he use the example of a figure quoted to him by a Premier League club just to make his point on behalf of everyone else? Draw your own conclusions.

He sold half of his stake in the club last year so he is less in a position to put this forward than Scally.

It will be interesting to see whether his Director of Football (who he is standing by) is convicted of the betting offences with which he has just been charged. At least he will not have the full Criminal record held by the Club manager.

Also nice to see Grant McCann doing so well at Doncaster. Will hopefully overtake his obese replacement shortly.
You seem to have a downer on everyone not just the EU. It was a only proposal and why ffs would he have less authority than Scally to make a proposal. It's called the real world.

So to summarise there’s nothing to substantiate your claim that MacAnthony hasn’t realised such a system would benefit some clubs more than Posh. BUT! He’s a silly man and employs other silly men?

Quite why you think he thinks he’s speaking on behalf of all other EFL clubs I don’t know. Care to elaborate?

He’s speaking about it because he’s a guy that has various ideas, a voice and platform to share them. I don’t think he had to own 100% of a football club to be entitled to have or air such views.

The last two paragraphs are particularly petty.