Dr Who | Vital Football

Dr Who

ChipButtyBlade

Vital Squad Member
Had its premier in Sheffield's The Light yesterday afternoon,crowds were seven deep by all accounts.

Its the first time the Doctor has regenerated into a lady. :hmmm:

The first episode which airs on BBC on the 7th Oct has been shot in Sheffield,i know some seens were shot at the top of Shrewsbury Road,what of i dont know.

Who is your fav Doctor,mine is David Tennant,weirdest Doctor got to be Sylvester McCoy.

doctor who.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/enter...7/doctor-who-series-11-premieres-in-sheffield

I was kind of okay with a female Dr Who, right until I found out that Bradley Walsh was playing one of her sidekicks. Like, wtf is that about..? Dreadful actor.

Last edited:
Never watch it wor a load of cack.Bradley Walsh is a gud un,he was gr8 in Corrie and he's the best thing abart The Chase.Jodie Whittaker's a handsome Dr tho. UTCB

I don't know if it was about the local filming locations and the Sheffield accents, or the rather weak 'alien villain' but I'm not going to get all gushy about it and its wonderful cinematography, a word being heavily used on Twitter mostly by people who don't know what cinematography means.

The big question was does a female Dr work? Apart from striking a blow for feminism (you go Girl..!!) I'm afraid I'm not convinced. In fact I was working at the computer when it was on, and I kept looking over to see Su Pollard, not Jodie Whittaker. Sylvester McCoy, David Tennant, and Matt Smith were good in the 'scatter brained' type of Doctor. Jodie just came across as Hi-Di-Hi with a physics degree.

Throw in an autistic character, and other diversity characters, all we really missed out on was a lesbian in a wheelchair. No problem with having anyone in the story, but they should be there FOR the story, not because of the colour of their skin or their disability, or because it addresses some societal issue. Then there was Bradley Feckin Walsh, a retired (ill-health) Sheffield bus driver? Feck off.

There's two factors that we should also take into consideration. Its the first episode, and these things take time to settle in, and second, I don't really watch the show anyway nowadays, and therefore couldn't give a monkeys. I find most TV shows shallow and repetitive and they bore me. I'm sorry to say Dr Who won't make it onto my list.

Well did you watch it tonite ? if you did you will have seen glorious BDTBL under its floodlights,and a transit van driving up Shoreham Street.

And funny as it may sound all the charachters were talking like Rod types/spells on here :rotfl: well baring Bradley Walsh.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p06jcn8k/doctor-who-series-11-1-the-woman-who-fell-to-earth
Tha means talkin like wot proper Yorkshire folk do?:yes: Our Gertie put the Beeb on to watch Strictly and i saw the last 2minutes of Dr Jodie's debut,as i said befoar i dunt watch it,rarely have since it started it just dunt do it for me,same as Star Trek an all that sort of sci fi bollocks dunt.UTCB

Great view of the Lane and Shoreham Street.
I do believe the altercation with the hammer and windscreen was at the back of Hunters Bar on the way up to Psalter Lane.
Anyway, why was Bradley Walsh allowed to wear that effin' scarf?

All the crane scenes were shot near where I deliver and used to live bottom of shire green at side of the M1 it’s actually classed as rovrum but I deliver to firms that back onto it. As for the show I wasn’t impressed tbh but I’ll give it another couple of episodes

With the Tardis hovering over The Lane its obvious init.

She could have been using the Tardis instead of the secret underground passage. She spends a lot of time living in the past, and that Tardis is painted blue, its seen better days and needs a refurb tbf. Its also MASSIVE inside...

Pig for me...