Dover | Vital Football

Dover

Red Wimp

Vital Football Legend
Saw it mentioned on another thread somewhere about Dover refusing to play their remaining games.
The judgement is now in, and they have been deducted 12 points for next season and fined £40k. The matches they already played have been wiped from the records.
Also a number of clubs in NL North & South have had suspended points deductions and fines

They will start the next season in the NL on -12 points.

In which case, from their point of view, they've done the right thing.
Not relegated. No money spent on players or running tbe club for quite some time now. And only costs them 4 games of next season.
Definitely a big gain for them.
Hmm.

In which case, from their point of view, they've done the right thing.
Not relegated. No money spent on players or running tbe club for quite some time now. And only costs them 4 games of next season.
Definitely a big gain for them.
Hmm.

I,m not sure about that. I would say the 12 point deduction next season basically guarantees relegation to the NL South. It might have been better for them to have played with no playing budget from the point things got too much until the end of the season.It would mean filling the side with triallists and local players.Of course they would have got stuffed every week,but what have they got to lose. And they would have continued to receive at least some gate and commercial income.

They're appealing the decision. They consider the fine inappropriate since the reason they have stopped playing is because they didn't have sufficient money to continue

Its all down to the grants/loans debate and who said/agreed what. The lesson is to record and circulate minutes for all meetings at that level eg where the government and FA are discussing money

They're appealing the decision. They consider the fine inappropriate since the reason they have stopped playing is because they didn't have sufficient money to continue

Its all down to the grants/loans debate and who said/agreed what. The lesson is to record and circulate minutes for all meetings at that level eg where the government and FA are discussing money

I hope they win the appeal . The Chairman tries to save the club from liquidation , only to get a fine . This season is like no other so to take monetary action i would say is unfair .i think 12 points is a bit much also . There was a complete fuck up with the is it a loan or is it a grant senario . Personally i don't believe anything to do with the government , they have sold the clubs out . Some are ok with the money bags owners , other are struggling . Two more may refuse to play their fixtures .

I stream the NL every week sometimes twice a week , be a shame to see more clubs penalised for doing what they think is best .

The fine is a bit ridiculous given the circumstances and should be appealed. The annulment is inevitable. The points deduction is understandable especially given that they would have been relegated had NLN/NLS completed their season and under normal rules could well have been relegated below that level. However in the circumstances the deduction might have been a little less than 12 points.