Don't know if the rest of you feel the same | Vital Football

Don't know if the rest of you feel the same

ukrocks0007

Vital 1st Team Regular
but I've just about had it with this football club now.

I already harboured a severe dislike for Messrs Ashley, Liararse and Pardew and chose not to go to games as I don't see why I should pay some fat cockney slob who treats the fans with utter contempt.

This season has really took the fucking piss like, all started in the summer when the fat bastard wouldn't fork out to strengthen and the rest of the season has been just plain fucking annoying with excuse after excuse.

At the end of it all, 16th place finish after finishing 5th last year sums up this regime for what it is. Minimum investment for maximum profit and as long as we finish above the mackems then all is well. In my opinion we were bloody lucky not to have gone down and for Ashley to back Pardew should be classed as a war crime.

What baffles me the most after reading some comments on other forums is that some fans actually are gullible enough to believe the shite coming out of the club AND think they are doing a good job.

I don't see any improvement with this lot in charge, 16th, 17th will be our aim from now on and I'm fed up.

Some of us have gone through the journey and come to the conclusion that it will be our club long after Ashley et al have gone.

It has been a roller coaster and one of the worst times was actually when a significant proportion of what I call the Wrexham crowd (our lowest attended match) could hardly get in to a home match during the Keegan years. The away games were worth going to, as were the home games when we could get in.

It didn't just start last summer, it has been going since Ashley did what he did to Keegan and it was done by Shepherd before.

Give up on the owners by all means but as for the club, we will be here for many years to come.

In a game where the aim is to put the ball in the back of the net I don't recall seeing a season where the decision making, ideas and invention have ever been so poor in the final third, I can't take another season watching that anti-football game plan, awful, awful football.

ukrocks0007 - 19/5/2013 19:57

but I've just about had it with this football club now.

I already harboured a severe dislike for Messrs Ashley, Liararse and Pardew and chose not to go to games as I don't see why I should pay some fat cockney slob who treats the fans with utter contempt.

This season has really took the fucking piss like, all started in the summer when the fat bastard wouldn't fork out to strengthen and the rest of the season has been just plain fucking annoying with excuse after excuse.

At the end of it all, 16th place finish after finishing 5th last year sums up this regime for what it is. Minimum investment for maximum profit and as long as we finish above the mackems then all is well. In my opinion we were bloody lucky not to have gone down and for Ashley to back Pardew should be classed as a war crime.

What baffles me the most after reading some comments on other forums is that some fans actually are gullible enough to believe the shite coming out of the club AND think they are doing a good job.

I don't see any improvement with this lot in charge, 16th, 17th will be our aim from now on and I'm fed up.

this is exactly why i want pardew to stay, people like yourself will only start to ask these things if the shite continues or gets worse.the more people realise it the sooner we get rid of ashley.

I see your perspective corner, but do you honestly see people protesting/staying away or just doing anything about it really. Considering forums/fb groups and social media are full of people who are happy with the setup

Rza - 19/5/2013 20:24

I see your perspective corner, but do you honestly see people protesting/staying away or just doing anything about it really. Considering forums/fb groups and social media are full of people who are happy with the setup

Not a chance.

The amount of away tops I saw today just proves a point that people will do what they want, when they want and good on them I say.

Our lives are full of being screwed over in every capacity and NUFC is just another cog in the chain.

Also, id be very surprised if more than 5% of people that go to games read forum stuff.

I'm not holding my breath to be honest as its clear some will never get it and i don't miss the stadium as much as i thought i would, mainy due to the people inside. yet i'm convinced a tragedy is the only way fans will use their power over ashley.

There's too many who are happy to go (not starting that argument) and more importantly another swathe of people who are happy to buy whatever's got the badge on . Things have been worse than this under Ashley and as a support nothing was truly organized like a protest movement that took action and made a difference . There was Nust but they seemed positively meek.

thecorner - 19/5/2013 20:32

I'm not holding my breath to be honest as its clear some will never get it and i don't miss the stadium as much as i thought i would, mainy due to the people inside. yet i'm convinced a tragedy is the only way fans will use their power over ashley.

I don't miss the stadium either, go to Whitley games instead. Crowd isn't as big, obviously, but the atmosphere is better

TBH all i miss is the journey down and pre-match drink.
There's nothing inside the ground i miss anymore.

thecorner - 19/5/2013 20:32

I agree that only a tragedy would cause the fans to use their power over ashley. What do you think it would take though corner? Lets face it there was hardly a massive drive to oust him when we got relegated. It was almost a repeat of what happened when keegan walked, people were probably prepared to try and force him out, but then he "put the club on the market" and people said oh ok, he'll be gone soon and left it, then low and behold a few months into the season once it was clear we were going to make a good fist of getting back up at the first attempt the club was "taken off the market" and it all went quiet. It's going to take an unbelievable catastrophe for a lot of people I think, successive relegations perhaps (which isn't beyond the the realms of possibility with pardeux the clown in charge)

Rexn - 19/5/2013 20:06

Some of us have gone through the journey and come to the conclusion that it will be our club long after Ashley et al have gone.

Give up on the owners by all means but as for the club, we will be here for many years to come.

Then some of us are fooling ourselves Rex.

My parents and grandparents rightly or wrongly, believed our city was
unique,being a Geordie meant something to them,and the football club was the showcase.

What I see is a bunch of sheep turning up at the stadium(whatever it's name is), sitting through matches, whilst giving their best impersonation of zombies, and looking like they could be humming the tune "silence is golden" in their heads,then afterwards,in the pubs,forums and workplace,collectively reassuring themselves that all is well, and a slight tweak here or there is all that's needed.

"Get rid of Pardew","Pardew is a ****" "Benitez will save us"are prime examples.

Talk about easily manipulated :69:

Based on what I see and hear,this club,and many others, have been dead for a while already,a bit like "Geordie society",whatever that was.

The realisation is filtering through VERY slowly,and one day we might get to reclaim football,i'm not holding my breath though.

That's the case with every club in the Premier League Piemag. Sky and too much money have basically fucked football. It's no longer our game. It's barely even about the football any more for a lot of folk. It's just central to a larger day out.

<p>
ManxMag - 20/5/2013 11:59<br /><br /><strong>That's the case with every club in the Premier League </strong>Piemag. Sky and too much money have basically fucked football. It's no longer our game. It's barely even about the football any more for a lot of folk. It's just central to a larger day out.
</p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Absolutely,</p><p>I did make that point in my post manx.</p><p>&nbsp;</p>

Ashley must realise just how the regular day out with the mates is so central to Newcastle's support. I had mates saying last night - despite all the drivel they've had to watch this season - "what am i going to do with my summer weekends?" It's more about routine. Break it and - shock horror - there is a life after it. I meet mates regularly during the week, playing and watching football and other sports, I sometimes even go along to games. But match day is no longer central to my weekends.