Doncaster | Vital Football

Doncaster

GrotierBranfootLeigh

Vital Squad Member
Congratulations to Doncaster Rovers on securing promotion to League One. I live one mile from the Doncaster Rovers ground. When they've played the likes of Newcastle and Leeds in the Championship I've heard celebration of away goals over my TV inside. It's become a standing joke in my house that if you hear any noise from the Keepmoat it must be an away goal.
Today I spent all day in my garden keeping an eye on the Imps progress at Eastleigh. I kept an ear open to sounds from the Keepmoat and never heard a dicky bird! I have since spoken to one Rovers fan who far from celebrating promotion just moaned that they'd only won 1-0.
Please appreciate how special the positive atmospere at Sincil Bank is - it is not typical of other Clubs who some may consider to be our betters.

All power to them - after their "interesting" history, they deserve some success. I hope that their fans appreciate it more too.

Good luck to Rovers - I recall how down they were in 97/98 when we went up and they went down. I have seen evidence of how their fans have been spoilt by success and now don't appreciate what they've got.
Let's enjoy our good times however long they last.

Nearly 10,000 there today but I don't think they have got anywhere that this season or for a few years in fact.

i remember when they went down to the Conference. Just as the first match of the season was approaching their Board announced they were about to "Rock the football World" with a new signing. They used that phrase.
A few of us were having a good think about what it could be. We laid out all the evidence. I was convinced they were about to sign the first female player from Doncaster Belles.
As it turned out, the next day they announced the signing of ex Everton and Wales keeper Neville Southall, who was about 40 at the time.
A bit of an anti-climax.

Sorry but I can have no respect for Darren Ferguson, a man who was convicted of assault for kicking a woman ( his estranged wife) in the stomach!

I gather one or two may be in for Raggett come the end of the season.

Must be worth £500,000 minimum!

I wonder how much a week Doncaster and Peterborough would pay the likes of Woodyard and Raggett compared to Lincoln. Certainly depends on whether we go up or not. If we get promoted i'd like to think we can keep our best players.