Donation analysis | Page 3 | Vital Football

Donation analysis

On the page now and we've had another couple of £500 donations since 12am. One from a Ryan Bennett, could it be the footballer? Either way, amazing!

It looks like our momentum on donations has finally slowed down - it was always going to happen at some point but by the looks of it the total will now most likely gradually tick up rather than shoot up like it has been.

The number of donations includes plenty of no Wigan fans so the total number of donars is still before our average attendance plus a lot of former Latics players who speak fondly about the club have yet to donate. We've seen people ask on social media and get a response so if anyone on Twitter can identify a Latics legend who hasn't got involved yet might be worth tweeting them the details. The more folks who do it the more likely they will see it. Players probably get loads of tweets and don't read them all so there is a chance they won't have seen this appeal so keep at it raising awareness.

It looks like our momentum on donations has finally slowed down - it was always going to happen at some point but by the looks of it the total will now most likely gradually tick up rather than shoot up like it has been.

The number of donations includes plenty of no Wigan fans so the total number of donars is still before our average attendance plus a lot of former Latics players who speak fondly about the club have yet to donate. We've seen people ask on social media and get a response so if anyone on Twitter can identify a Latics legend who hasn't got involved yet might be worth tweeting them the details. The more folks who do it the more likely they will see it. Players probably get loads of tweets and don't read them all so there is a chance they won't have seen this appeal so keep at it raising awareness.

We reached the initial target of 500k so I think the urgency is just not there anymore. We got the target and everything else is a bonus from here. 560k is a fantastic achievement for any club. Wigan is unique.

It is a virtual trickle now, but we still need to carry on tweeting, posting and emailing.
We have to keep this going and get as much in as posible.
There are loads of ex players and managers whose names haven't appeared on that donations list yet.
We need every last one of them to donate, keep spreading the word.

It is a virtual trickle now, but we still need to carry on tweeting, posting and emailing.
We have to keep this going and get as much in as posible.
There are loads of ex players and managers whose names haven't appeared on that donations list yet.
We need every last one of them to donate, keep spreading the word.

I tweeted all the ones I could think of this morning who haven't seemed to get involved even sharing the post. I suggest anyone else to do the same as it increases the chances they see the message.

I've tried Jimmy Bullard but no response, also Chris Sutton again no reply. Tried finding Bainesy on twitter but no account(.??)

I've tried Jimmy Bullard but no response, also Chris Sutton again no reply. Tried finding Bainesy on twitter but no account(.??)

Some of them probably don't look at their twitter often / ever or don't care. We can only message them and hope they see it and are interested.

A number of former players aren't on Twitter (smart move!).

Let's also remember that the re are a fair few hefty appeals from anonymous donors. That may very well be who we're now targetting.

The guy who won Jamie Jones medal gave it him back. Absolutely the right move, good on him.

I'd have hoped anyone who won it would've done the same as much of a nice bit of memorailia it could be it will mean a lot more to the person who earned it.

Well done for Jamie being willing to give up the medal to raise the money and the winner for ensure Jamie didn't actually have to part with it. 2 good deeds and a nice bit of money raised.

Tried to get roberts and melchiot countless times but to no avail. Also trying to get gary Lineker to share the bloody thing but no success. Ahh well can't win em all

Tried to get roberts and melchiot countless times but to no avail. Also trying to get gary Lineker to share the bloody thing but no success. Ahh well can't win em all

Couldn't even get a share out of some of them.

A lot of these folks love to virtue signal or talk about loving the club when it suits but when there is a time to back it up with a bit of action it's tumbleweeds.

I'm not expecting everyone to be throwing 5k in like McClean - that was above and beyond. I'm not expecting them to necessarily put any money in just give us a share for the publicity will do - it costs nothing but apparently it is still too much effort for some.

Couldn't even get a share out of some of them.

A lot of these folks love to virtue signal or talk about loving the club when it suits but when there is a time to back it up with a bit of action it's tumbleweeds.

I'm not expecting everyone to be throwing 5k in like McClean - that was above and beyond. I'm not expecting them to necessarily put any money in just give us a share for the publicity will do - it costs nothing but apparently it is still too much effort for some.
Couldn't agree more king its not hard to just click a button is it especially when you look at the money they've made out of the club and our academy lads are putting money in

The guy who won Jamie Jones medal gave it him back. Absolutely the right move, good on him.

I'd have hoped anyone who won it would've done the same as much of a nice bit of memorailia it could be it will mean a lot more to the person who earned it.

Well done for Jamie being willing to give up the medal to raise the money and the winner for ensure Jamie didn't actually have to part with it. 2 good deeds and a nice bit of money raised.

Well done Mark Holdsworth
A true Gent
https://www.skysports.com/football/...jamie-jones-reclaims-league-one-winners-medal