Dom Jefferies contract issue | Page 2 | Vital Football

Dom Jefferies contract issue

A runner amongst a load of plodders in midfield which is why he stands out. Little end product, and only 2 league goals to his name.

Clemence shouldn't break the bank to keep him.

Haha. Jonny is absolute Class, he`s been playing out of position for most of the season. We`re lucky to have him and i`m looking forward to seeing him next season. With some higher calibre players around him, allowing him to play more centrally, he`ll become more and more influential. Way to go Jonny !

He hasn't been 'class' this season. He's worked hard and run around alot but I doubt that was what he was brought in for. His goals and assists record compared to last season says he's not produced (a long way off) what he's proved he's capable of in this league. If he's that quality (as MIK says) we should be playing in him his best position but also he should be able to find a way to produce.

He simply hasn't produced and is a reason, along with our other midfielders and creative players as to why we've only scored 46 goals this season, along with no goalscorer/finisher

He hasn't been 'class' this season. He's worked hard and run around alot but I doubt that was what he was brought in for. His goals and assists record compared to last season says he's not produced (a long way off) what he's proved he's capable of in this league. If he's that quality (as MIK says) we should be playing in him his best position but also he should be able to find a way to produce.

He simply hasn't produced and is a reason, along with our other midfielders and creative players as to why we've only scored 46 goals this season, along with no goalscorer/finisher
I can't quite see what system would allow JW to play in his best position if it is as a "free" number 10 behind the strikers, particularly one that hasn't been a regular scorer and even less so is this season, and is over 30.

I thought that when Hutton, a wing back, was acquired the intention was to play 3-5-2. The fans certainly want two up front.

If Williams is incapable of performing if played wide then he could not play left wing back. Accepting that he could not play up front either, he has to be part of the middle three alongside Coleman and A.N Other, I suppose?

It would certainly put a lot of pressure on those other two players and I could see them being overrun in the pressing rough and tumble of League Two, but we shall see.

I thought that when Hutton, a wing back, was acquired the intention was to play 3-5-2. The fans certainly want two up front.

If Williams is incapable of performing if played wide then he could not play left wing back. Accepting that he could not play up front either, he has to be part of the middle three alongside Coleman and A.N Other, I suppose?

It would certainly put a lot of pressure on those other two players and I could see them being overrun in the pressing rough and tumble of League Two, but we shall see.

Hutton is probably most suited as a wing back but could comfortably play as an overlapping right back in a diamond, which would allow Williams to play in his best position (also Lapslie’s best position) at the head of the diamond.