Doing Time............ | Vital Football

Doing Time............

tomytony

Vital Champions League
Surely, with the now much stricter controls on time wasting, it's the ideal opportunity to take the control out of the ref's hands and give it to on off field official?
There are other implications too
Having just seen over 13 mins added to the second half of the S/land game, 29% , TV schedules will have to change to allow time for the pundits to pontificate.
Will players be striking for more pay for the overtime?
How long before Klopp's screaming about 11 subs as the danger of injury is increased due to the likelihood of strains and niggles to the now overworked thoroughbreds??
What about bus timetables? Surely they will have to change so that the 'miss the crowd' early risers see at least the first 5mins of added time.
Catering workers will need to stay for longer to serve the hospitality guests after the game so increased costs that could see some of the poorer teams going out of business.
What about the green's, the climate warriors? More time for those floodlights to burn could see temeperatures rise by 10 degrees per annum thus hastening further the end of the world.
If it happens across Europe we could see flights being missed allowing even less time for those exalted squads to recover so, again, Klopp will not be wanting to play within 14 days of any away game over 200 miles away.
The FA have opened up a rat's nest just by trying to give the poor spectator value for money.

Been saying they need a separate time keeper for yrs I think it can only be good for the game adding the time they should have been doing for yrs players eventually will understand it’s pointless dawdling across the pitch when subbed or rolling around for mins on end as no advantage will be gained
one of the things I’m most looking forward to is watching the dilemma all those fans who have to leave early have when they have to decide whether they want to miss the last 15/20 mins instead of the last 5 or 10

Long gone the days when the Blades hanging on fer the win cud boot the ball and try n hit the cricket pavillion clock n hope that ballboy obeys instructions n guz on a go slow!

In theory you'd think that added time should eventually reduce as players realise wasting time is pointless but my guess is that it changes nothing as they also use slow play to kill the game off and frustrate the crowd, not just to waste time.
Another thing I've noticed in TV the games this weekend was that the amount of time being added onto the end of added time has also increased. No longer a matter of seconds, 1-3 minutes seems the new norm. At this rate, players are going to have to gear up for league games like they would for an extra time competitions. Just imagine how long a game could go on that did have extra time with 4 lots of added time and then penalties? We could be filing out on the stroke of midnight :ROFLMAO:

N if tha scoores a gud goyle like the Blades at Villa weer the goylie took the ball inta the net, thaz f.cked if the VAR geezer az gone fer a shit n the refs med in China wetch dunt work thaz f.cked, it,s "NO GOAL!"

At the risk of being controversial I've reached a point where if professional football ceased to exist I wouldn't give a flying fuck.
It dosen't deserve to survive anyway as it has absolutely no redeeming features whatsoever. It's self importance is disgusting, the pundits are all full weight ucnts, the managers are utter vvankers, officiating is a disgracefull fix and all its governing bodies should be outlawed and all those in positions of desicion making chucked in the slammer for corruption, fraud, misrepresentation and theft.
Rather watch Hallam.

At the risk of being controversial I've reached a point where if professional football ceased to exist I wouldn't give a flying fuck.
It dosen't deserve to survive anyway as it has absolutely no redeeming features whatsoever. It's self importance is disgusting, the pundits are all full weight ucnts, the managers are utter vvankers, officiating is a disgracefull fix and all its governing bodies should be outlawed and all those in positions of desicion making chucked in the slammer for corruption, fraud, misrepresentation and theft.
Rather watch Hallam.
We all know that's not going to happen SBT no matter how much we might agree with your sentiments.
Like Bully I do think a step forward would be to take time keeping responsibility off the on field ref particularly, as now, there is going to be more controversy, more incident, more argument if the current strictures are adhered to.

Some of my comments wereobviously tongue in cheek but, should L/pool lose a point to a goal in added time, I reckon Klopp will be getting a band wagon rolling particularly as he had nowt to shout about, (due to his own failings??), last season.

It wouldn't be difficult to have a clock in the stadium showing time left, with the added time increasing after each incident, so that there is more transparency to what, otherwise, will only become another bone of contention, another conspiracy theory.

We all know that's not going to happen SBT no matter how much we might agree with your sentiments.
Like Bully I do think a step forward would be to take time keeping responsibility off the on field ref particularly, as now, there is going to be more controversy, more incident, more argument if the current strictures are adhered to.

Some of my comments wereobviously tongue in cheek but, should L/pool lose a point to a goal in added time, I reckon Klopp will be getting a band wagon rolling particularly as he had nowt to shout about, (due to his own failings??), last season.

It wouldn't be difficult to have a clock in the stadium showing time left, with the added time increasing after each incident, so that there is more transparency to what, otherwise, will only become another bone of contention, another conspiracy theory.
Been advocating timekeeping with a chess clock to the refs assesor in the stand for years. Eradicates timewasting immediately.

Made me laugh a couple of players moaning after the game about how much longer they have to run about for what the dozy twats don’t realise is if there’s 10 mins extra time it means they’ve not been running about for 10 mins during the half 🙄

Made me laugh a couple of players moaning after the game about how much longer they have to run about for what the dozy twats don’t realise is if there’s 10 mins extra time it means they’ve not been running about for 10 mins during the half 🙄
To those who play and manage it's something else to complain about.
To those who watch, who pay for the privilege it's common sense, simple to implement and a step forward.