Do you know anybody? | Vital Football

Do you know anybody?

shotshy

Vital Champions League
Does anybody know anybody who is insane enough to be going to Russia to watch the world cup?

Nope I don?t know anyone going ? whereas I knew at least around 25 that went to the Euros in France. It?s just such an unattractive Tournement/Host Nation. Most will have been put off by the chance of violence, hooliganism/getting a hiding.

That said though - I don?t think the idiot England fans who would be a serious catalyst to violence will be going at all. With the wannabe ultras unlikely to make an appearance though, I wonder if it might be relatively trouble free.

The Russian hooligans made a statement in the Euros, and I think will have scared off most of the wannabe English ultras. I wonder if the Russians will simply realise they have no one to fight, and trouble will be limited in Russia.

Which may explain why so many of the idiots seem to have gone to Holland. I can?t imagine so many going to Holland if they were planning on going to Russia too in a few months? time.

Unfortunately though this will also put off plenty of true England fans who just simply don?t want to get mixed up with something though. I also think the costs will also put off many. Flights out there aren?t cheap/easy. Nothing like getting to Western/Central Europe, where Brits are used to going abroad to.

I reckon as long as you?re not prancing around in Stone Island gear, or with your top off acting the eejit in big groups of England fans chanting and abusing locals then you may well be fine and you may well enjoy your trip. Of course you?d need to keep your wits about you for the whole holiday though which basically is pretty unappealing really.

The problem will come when you get the swathes of idiots who can?t handle their beer and let a bit of fun turn into abuse of locals, and intimidating behaviour. I suspect that the Russian hooligans will find those groups very quickly and deal with them.

I just can?t believe how stupid the England fans were in Holland though to be honest. I saw some disgusting videos of them just tipping beers on locals or tourists on boats. It?s no wonder the world hates us. Why can?t our fans just have light hearted banter. It?s a massive difference between them and the Irish ? who came away from France voted the best fans etc. Likewise with Rugby fans ? they get as drunk as you like. I?ve been to many games and I?ve not seen a fight or police trouble there or anything near one (off the pitch).

What?s actually worse is that the England fans look even more ridiculous as they were giving the billy big bollocks in Holland and clearly they are going to melt in Russia. There?s no way that England fans will behave like that in Russia ? so why do it in Holland?

Absolutely no one.

It has nothing to do with the poisoning (as I don't know any ex-spies and am not one myself) or their regime (plenty of countries equally dodgy) but their hooligans, who will make mincemeat of our scum. Being accidentally caught up in that is a complete no no. Having to be anywhere near any of our hoolie "fans" would ruin any trip anywhere. Only seen England once in the last 40 years mainly because of the high proportion of scum who go.

Add to that England will be shite anyway.

Are any black English fans going? That would be suicide. I even fear for any black TV pundits.

Should never have go the tournament anyway and Qatar an even worse choice.

I don't know anyone going either and there are a couple I sit with at Gills who do travel regularly. However I do think some of our more trouble loving 'fans' will try and get there for purely macho, point scoring reasons and a bit of kudos with their own inner circles.
I'll be amazed if it all goes off without it all going off at some point.

Forget the Russian hooligans, if you've ever seen the way their police deal with hooliganism, that'll be enough to put anyone off.
I've heard reports of loads of their "ultras" being rounded up and put away until after the tournament as Putin wants the whole thing to go off without a hitch. Not sure if that's true but if so, I would guess that it'll either be really peacefull or, if anyone does kick off, the protagonists will be in for one hell of a kicking from the local old bill.

Not a leaf falls from branch on a fir in the furthest steppes of Mother Russia without President Putin knowing. If he wants this event to go well, it will go well. His own robust patriots will be on a short leash. If ours misbehave, they will be in ??? ??????, ??? ???? ?? ?????? (edit dang no Cyrillic)
tak bystro, chto nogi ne tronut.

Could just have easily boycotted the Olympics in China and Qatar in the next World Cup. South Africa and Brazil pretty corrupt too.

I think we'll only be left with Scandinavian states at this rate. Next world cup in Iceland?

The exploits of our "fans" in Amsterdam just continues to delay the day, if ever, we are awarded a World Cup to organise.

As for Russia, have been many times and to matches, including local derbies in Moscow. In any household in Moscow for example father and son might support different teams, CSKA and Dynamo. But like rugby matches here opponent fans sit together without any problems.

As ever a small minority might spoil the World Cup but as someone said previously Czar Putin will be desperate for a smooth running event as a means of rehabilitating his regime on the world stage.

People just need to remember that authorities in other countries don't take the same measured approach to crowd trouble that we do. For example, riot gear and water cannons in France and Spain. There are many other examples. The main thing fans going should do is take plenty of dollars for bribes to the police if arrested whether guilty or not, to secure release. For example a driver failing a breath test there can have the charge bought off for 2,000 roubles (around 27).

But one good thing: the girls there are incredible!

Just go there and enjoy it. Some fantastic cities. Our hooligans don?t fight hooligans, they act up in family towns in public squares behind police lines. They won?t go out to Russia, but I agree with what everyone?s saying about the Russian hooligans. Marseille was a one-off scummy event and they?ll be under a microscope at home.

I?d suggest staying away from the bellends who will choose to drink cans in the square or otherwise will drink in the Irish pubs. Search online for any other of the city?s best pubs and bars and you?ll find other England and opposition fans in them with less tension.

To the England band: this does not apply.

?If any Russian hooligans are interested, ?The England Band? is the name of our most notorious firm. They?re the lads you want.?

:19:

Surely we'll be sending Gate 13 over, the Russians would never mess with them!

I would not be so sure there will be no trouble. If it goes ahead at all expect Putin's KGB to make sure there is trouble enough to round up and deport as many fans as possible. Thursday will be political point scoring .Things like if England meet Germany for example expect the police to go missing just long enough for there to be trouble. This world cup should be boycotted .The only political gains will be Russian regardless of the resuits of the matches .
For the record I know nobody who is crazy enough to go .I sincerely hope that I am wrong .But this has hostility written all over it and I can't see Putin trying to stop it quite the reverse.

I am not sure about most people's suspicions that there won't be trouble.

As someone above has suggested, Putin could well use it as political ammo vs the west that apparently we've started trouble in the country etc. We all know he loves to spin a story regardless of any evidence to the contrary.

Id say they will happily let their thugs get away with murder (possibly even literally) and then report that either nothing happened or that it was the fault of the English. We'll hear stories from people there where their thugs will have attacked ours and still Russia will deny it and claim its more examples of the west making up stories.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43568047

...and so it starts....French players claiming they were racially abused in Russia last night. With the Russian Manager and anti-racism authorities claiming nothing happened and that they don?t feel there?s a problem, despite 90 counts of racism being reported last season in their league if I read it right.

It?s standard Russian response to simply deny anything happened or deny its as bad as it is and then claim there?s no problem. Until someone actually stands up to them properly they won?t change.

The same will happen with the hooliganism, if it does occur, the Russian authorities will simply deny it happened, or claim it was the fault of the English etc. I remember at the euros 2 years ago, the Russian sports minister or something said "well done keep it up" when he heard about the Russian Ultras doing over England?

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/russia-fan-violence-russian-official-tells-hooligans-well-done-lads-keep-it-up-after-condoning-euro-a7079861.html

Agreed AK. it seems that FIFA do not take a serious view of anything that happens in Russia .The worse thing in some ways is I am starting to hope that we get knocked out early as our genuine fans will hopeful come home unhappy but safe .I fear very deeply that this world cup is likely to further damage east west relation's .Our government need to start listening to real fans and act before it is too late .

The Govt has done all the sabre rattling it's going to do - remember there were 14 or so Russian deaths in the UK that weren't treated as suspicious in the name of diplomacy. Rather than hope we come home early, it surely should be a bigger hope that the Russians fall at the first hurdle, although I think somehow that won't happen.

I'm never sure who the real fans are in this day and age when people can be so vile as they were in Holland recently. That will only stop when real fans decide enough is enough.

The FA along with footballing authorities let the side down when first Russia and then Qatar were chosen by FIFA to stage the World Cup through a process that was flawed/corrupt and we went along with it. To some extent, we went along with it by getting countries on side.

The World Cup will go off without a hitch if Putin has his way, which is most likely to be the case and, if English fans to kick off, I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.