Do we miss Carlos Tevez? | Vital Football

Do we miss Carlos Tevez?

Tudor

Vital Football Legend
Carlos Tevez certainly came to City with baggage. Between 2009 and 2013 the unstoppable temperamental striker netted 58 goals but do we miss him and would he fit in with Pep’s playing style if Carlos was still at his best?

Of all these 'do we miss' threads he's the only one that has/had the quality to perform at this level. That said I'm not sure he'd fit as he seems too maverick to follow instruction, I think that was part of the reason he never held down a starting place at the swamp.

I agree BD, fabulous player and how jealous the rags were, but not really that loyal and Pep would have shown him the door in the first week.

Buzz Lightyear - 7/11/2016 16:11

I agree BD, fabulous player and how jealous the rags were, but not really that loyal and Pep would have shown him the door in the first week.

Spot on Buzz, Carlos was never loyal, or never appeared to be anyway. He was the same at West Ham, Ragtown and us. A mercenary me thinks :007:

Carlos made more appearances for City in his career than any other club, 113, scoring 58 times about a goal every 2 games. a figure only surpassed when he joined Juve 2 goals every three games

Tudor - 7/11/2016 16:28

Spot on Buzz, Carlos was never loyal, or never appeared to be anyway. He was the same at West Ham, Ragtown and us. A mercenary me thinks :007:

Aren't they all? Well the vast majority anyway?

We have had a few drifters over the years but mainly now they see City as their pinnacle and not just another step up the ladder, when they get here they step off onto the roof of the world in English football and warms ones heart when you hear them say they prefer City to United, how big our ladder has grown.

Bluedub - 7/11/2016 16:37

absolutely. This **** was just more blatantly honest about it

still not forgiven him for the golfing holiday. does it show? :047:

No I think you got away with it C, couldn't tell at all from your posts.

worst thing about that whole affair was dropping him in the first place by Bob

citizhun - 7/11/2016 16:50

Bluedub - 7/11/2016 16:37

absolutely. This **** was just more blatantly honest about it

still not forgiven him for the golfing holiday. does it show? :047:

Not really C :034:

Must admit, I can't argue against anything said.

For me little weasel had too very good attributes. He was a great presser and harrier and he was rarely injured. At his best I would have him in our squad tomorrow, but the clock of time can't be turned off and he had a plan to make himself rich, then go and play at home and I say thanks for your time and effort at our Club. All the nonsense about the golf holiday has been done to death, so nothing else to say on that front from me.

Who remembers his found payslip?

Attachments

• tevez-payslip.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 0