Disappointing News | Vital Football

Disappointing News

Surely they must be easy to identify if the player in question says roughly where it occurred? Did anyone hear anything though? I certainly didn’t.

Last edited:
A dedicated phone line so fans can report these sort of things as some people aren't comfortable confronting a group of youths, stewards can then be alerted and monitor the abuse, the guilty should be banned.

A dedicated phone line so fans can report these sort of things as some people aren't comfortable confronting a group of youths, stewards can then be alerted and monitor the abuse, the guilty should be banned.
Do we still have the phone line? I know we had signs up about one during the second half of last season but haven’t noticed them this time round

Surely for the best interests of the club supporters is seats nearby should identify the culprit
The vast majority will surely have smart phones with video function and sound, which can be activated in quick fashion.

Anybody on here who has a ST at the Rainham end should make an effort to take their smart phone and catch them in the act next time.

Also says from a section and not necessarily from an individual.

It’s unusual for this sort of thing to go on and no-one on here be able to confirm it. Not disputing it happened at all, just to be clear, but if it was loud (or obvious) enough for the player to hear (or see), surely someone else witnessed it?

It’s unusual for this sort of thing to go on and no-one on here be able to confirm it. Not disputing it happened at all, just to be clear, but if it was loud (or obvious) enough for the player to hear (or see), surely someone else witnessed it?
This is true. Was it reported by the player or by stewards or an individual? I certainly didn’t hear anything

At a guess someone near the goal celebrations, or perhaps their keeper. When fans get close to the pitch others are unlikely to hear/ be aware. They have been warned so sanctions likely

At a guess someone near the goal celebrations, or perhaps their keeper. When fans get close to the pitch others are unlikely to hear/ be aware. They have been warned so sanctions likely
It says from a section of the rainham end which implies more than one person involved, chanting maybe not that I heard anything that I am aware off. All three goals were down the town end so not likely whilst Colchester celebrating unless someone was letting of steam with a few poor choice of words and was heard by the keeper or lino. If the club has only just found out I wonder if it was in the refs report and the EFL have written to the club asking for an explanation? Did none of the stewards hear anything? If they did they don't appear to have reported it back to the club.

It says from a section of the rainham end which implies more than one person involved, chanting maybe not that I heard anything that I am aware off. All three goals were down the town end so not likely whilst Colchester celebrating unless someone was letting of steam with a few poor choice of words and was heard by the keeper or lino. If the club has only just found out I wonder if it was in the refs report and the EFL have written to the club asking for an explanation? Did none of the stewards hear anything? If they did they don't appear to have reported it back to the club.
Guessing of course because no one knows, but there was certainly some upset about the goalie’s celebrations, didn’t see him report anything to an official at the time though (again not saying it didn’t happen etc).

Most likely, his celebration for the third seemed a bit OTT at the time but when you consider they had lost the first four and were playing the leaders on their patch and winning it's not really surprising he was a little excited.

Unfortunately some people like to dish it out but can't take it especially when the drink has been flowing.

There's an email address on the KM article.

There is a lot of talk on Twitter that this particular keeper has “form” for winding up opposition fans and then complaining about racism.

Not saying this was what happened here (I wasn’t there) but no one seems to have heard anything racist, and I’d say our fans are certainly aware and sensitive to these things right now.