Disappointed in the FA Cup Draw | Vital Football

Disappointed in the FA Cup Draw

herringthorpe

Alert Team
Staff member
Personally I'd like to have seen an all-Yorkshire final

And, yes, I do still count Hull as in Yorkshire!

The competition continues to get knocked but Sheffield United, Hull City and Wigan Athletic have shown today that there is still life in the old girl yet. Sheffield United or Hull will be playing in Europe next season if Arsenal win the trophy.

I think it continues to be the most unpredictable competition in Europe, and that's the biggest reason it is so well loved!

When Hull knocked us out in the third round , i was tempted to put a few quid on them to win the cup.
Wish i had now.

I personally think the FA Cup winners should get the 4th champions league spot.
Wouldn't get many teams playing weakened sides then i reckon.

Just shows the pressure on clubs to stay in the premier league - making loads of changes for cup matches so as to keep their "best" players fit/fresh for the legue games.
Shame really , cos most of em have no chance of winning the league - so a cup is a realistic chance to get some silverware for the club and it's fans.
Never forget our league cup win in 2004 - and our UEFA cup run (to the final) in 2006.

Can't agree more digger - I also think the Champions League should be for 'the Champions' and not this body and that body - if they want more than one team for each country then they should have the top placed team in the top two divisions in my opinion.