Did you notice | Vital Football

Did you notice

Colin333

Vital Squad Member
Fern 25 tackle with Brunt and Brunt is complaining of an elbow,they are gonna target him now.
Sane done for simulation same thing
They are getting reputations for it and Sky will highlight everyone

Yep, unintentional from Fernandinho but he does have a habit of leading with his arm into headers. Brunt was being a bit of a dick.

As for Leroy, he needs to cut that out, if he hadn't thrown himself he likely would've got a free as Steptoe was fully intent on checking him, take the hit Leroy and win the free ( or possible penalty ) in a dangerous area.

2nd game in a row Fernandinho has accidentally walloped someone. I think we'd be up in arms if he played for anyone else.
Sane needs to stop diving. Again, we'd be highlighting it if he played elsewhere :059:

True BD but whats the point, I think all the City Players think they have been hard done to by the refs this season, but how many times do we see players collapse, It would have been harsh to give a penalty in those circs but I have seen refs give free kicks outside the box, but a booking when contact was made not in my view.

Players who dive in English football will face bans from next season under new Football Association regulations. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39962886

It will be respective review, but what happens if the ref does not spot it and awards a penalty only to discover a day later that the cheat dived?

Buzz Lightyear - 18/5/2017 14:29

Players who dive in English football will face bans from next season under new Football Association regulations. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39962886

It will be respective review, but what happens if the ref does not spot it and awards a penalty only to discover a day later that the cheat dived?

So, if the ref spots you diving it's a yellow card but if he doesn't spot you then you could get a ban? I'm all for retrospectively punishing cheats but that hardly seems fair.

I agree lets get cheats out of the game, but retrospective bans on players does not hurt the club, but a points deduction will make Clubs start to do something about the cheats in their midst

as long as the Panel is made up of people you can trust.

Buzz Lightyear - 18/5/2017 14:47

I agree lets get cheats out of the game, but retrospective bans on players does not hurt the club, but a points deduction will make Clubs start to do something about the cheats in their midst

as long as the Panel is made up of people you can trust.

The composition is going to be an ex manager........ so I wouldn't be surprised to see it made up of Slur Alex Ferguson; Rio Ferdinand; Howard Webb

Bound to be fair and balanced

In other news Carlton Pogba might be thankful they haven't included a category of "simulating being a footballer " :103:

Bluedub - 18/5/2017 21:44

No protest from him Ozi, not even so much as a quizzical look to the ref spoke volumes to me.
I saw that Bluey and must admit I wondered.
Not often I jump out of my seat, well, move a bit, but I first thought the ref was giving the card to the bloke whom I thought had pushed/pulled Sane on his elbow.
I was watching it in the afternoon so I can't blame the malt this time mate. :006:

I guess it's all interpretations Ozi, I thought he was going down before any contact, I'm also guessing the furore about the penalty he won at Boro ( which btw is the clip Sky are using to accompany their reporting of the ban for diving story ) is why the ref was so quick to go to his pocket.

He'll be like Sterling then next season - will have to get both legs broken to be awarded a foul against him

Probably Skoorb, haven't checked the stats this season but always thought it remarkable that Sterling went from the second most fouled player in the league in 2014/15 to not featuring in the top 15 last season. It's almost as if the media changed ref's perception of him.

I saw a question posed about yellows for diving incorrectly awarded (Aguero at Southampton a couple of seasons ago, for example), being rescinded, like reds.
Seems that won't be on the agenda, which doesn't seem right to me. :048:

It seems the SPL rescind yellows for wrong calls on dives. Should be the same in the PL.

http://www.espnfc.us/english-premier-league/story/3128683/retrospective-bans-for-diving-set-to-be-introduced-by-football-association