Did we play yesterday | Vital Football

Did we play yesterday

Haha I've clicked on the site a couple of times too see some reactions as I missed the game myself, perhaps we were all at cricket?

Ramjet...Adi...you’re alive!
Not sure what’s going on...had to be elsewhere and expected to return to some match reports but...nada!

Just back from a week in Germany....... saw the game via RamsTV. The answer to the opening question is no, nit in the opening 25 minutes.

Opening 25 they profited from half a dozen awful passes we attempted and, in that period, had the only shot that forced Carson into serious action.

The opening goal was easily the highlight of the 1st half. Bennett chases down a ball on the right, some 15 yards from his own goal line, moves puesoefully down the wing and, just inside his own half, gives Nugent a brilliant pass, he crosses to Mount and it's in the back of the net via the keeper's left leg. I'm struggling to see how anybody could not see that as the act of a footballer. He chased and harried, just as he did against Ipswich. This time he got a couple of decent balls which is more than he or Nugent got against Ipswich. The move that led to the goal started because he was back helping the defence. It continued because he kept control down the wing. Gained speed due to a fine pass that led to the cross.....

I agree with those who say the 1st half wasn't much to write home about.

2nd half was better. BJ continues to disappoint IMO. Somehow you just know that a yellow card is never far away.... and it wasn't. Bogle started brightly, got injured and was replaced by Wisdom who had, IMO, his best performance of this season so far. Keogh started poorly but after the opening 25 grew into the game, got a goal and should have had a 2nd. Tomori was steady, made a few mistakes, which is not unexpected from someone who is still learning the game, but he managed to get back and sort it out himself. Fozzy is looking close to his best. Not happy with either BJ or Ledley at DM. The 2 best we have are both injured. Bryson is looking sharp but isn't the player of 3 or 4 seasons ago.... yet? Mount is one for the future and is, like Tomori, still learning. Lawro too is, hopefully, learning. He still has the tendency to go too far when there were ample opportunities to place a telling pass. Nuge and Bennett both work their asses off and would be helped greatly if they were given some half decent ball.

My MOTM - Bennett.

This site hasn't exactly become a hot bed has it?

Not really. It was doing fine but seems to be struggling at present. Maybe it needs us to manufacture another fall out about Rowett, Lampard...whatever...that seemed to provoke some interest for a while.

I noticed on our first goal that Bennett chased a ball that was going out for a throw to US in our own half. How many players would have settled for allowing the ball to go out and to get up the pitch waiting for a throw in from the fullback?

Possibly the Preston defence may have switched off for a moment, also expecting a throw in, which allowed Nugent a little bit of space on the wing.

Personally, I thought BJ had one of his better games and Derby looked better with him on the field.

I noticed on our first goal that Bennett chased a ball that was going out for a throw to US in our own half. How many players would have settled for allowing the ball to go out and to get up the pitch waiting for a throw in from the fullback?

Possibly the Preston defence may have switched off for a moment, also expecting a throw in, which allowed Nugent a little bit of space on the wing.

Personally, I thought BJ had one of his better games and Derby looked better with him on the field.

I gather he came on for Ledley so not too difficult to look better.
Wish BJ could get through an hour of football without getting booked though. He’ll be banned by October at this rate.

Agree about Bennett Ram59...not the most talented but at least he looks as if he wants to make things happen.

Forum - not even sure what the "actual site" is. As previously noted I and at least Mangara have nowhere to share to/with

Good to see that you haven't lost the pedant's art! I'm sure Faber and Faber would welcome your return to DM, though thats populated fairly sparsely tbh.

What I meant and what you clearly knew I meant was that there aren't many posters on here!

Frankly these Forum's are dying on their arses it seems, with nobody but a few old saddos keeping them going!

It's all my fault really. Been away since Tuesday morning and not really been doing online stuff. Having a well earned rest in Reinland Pfalz, eating and driking way too much, sleep idem ditto. Did manage to watch the Dipstick and PNR games though via RamsTV. Got back last night. Odds and ends today and then tomorrow back in the swing. Will be selling a couple of records online and, no doubt, buying some too. I also have a half set of left handed golf clubs going if anybody is interested. A sheepskin coat too. Leather jacket and trousers to follow. After that I will be downloading a shedload of soul onto my computer for putting onto an MP3 player for in the car.......... Also just cleaned the bbq..... my lad and his mates used it over the weekend..... they gave it a cursory wipe and thought it was "clean"..... took me 3/4 of an hour to clean it properly. It didn't help that they left it out in the rain and the ashes were a gooey mess. The grill plates are now in the dishwasher. Hopefully one round will do the trick. Ho hum, this retired lark is hard work.

Not your fault, rather enjoyed the lack of posts from yourself tbh, one poster posting many times does not a vibrant forum make!

Not really. It was doing fine but seems to be struggling at present. Maybe it needs us to manufacture another fall out about Rowett, Lampard...whatever...that seemed to provoke some interest for a while.
I'll be starting a new post soon "How we got our England back" that'll get this board moving again!

I'll be starting a new post soon "How we got our England back" that'll get this board moving again!

Sadly I fear we won't, but we might get our UK back. Then we will have to find a way to rid ourselves of the Jocks, Taffs and Northern Paddies in order to get England back.

Hmmmm...so, apart from the likelihood of us being immeasurably poorer and more isolated from our geographic neighbours, how exactly are things going to change and what are you celebrating us getting back?
Do you mean things like having our own currency, measuring in imperial and driving on the left...still having a monarch, our own laws, courts and police force? The sort of thing that those pesky chaps across the water have never stopped interfering with.

See what I mean, I've only mentioned the post how we got our England back and we have had 4 reply's already!

Latest Rams News