Desperate measures | Vital Football

Desperate measures

pebble

Vital 1st Team Regular
Haven't been to the WFCG for ages as covid hit, we got promoted, and the ground's full now.

Had an idea - my mate's birthday is imminent, I'm rich these days, why not buy a couple of tickets for the Legends Lounge?

We're both in our seventies now, we won't be here forever. We've watched a lot of historic Forest games between us.

Got the tickets, Brighton on 25 November. It'll be good to be there in person again.

Haven't been to the WFCG for ages as covid hit, we got promoted, and the ground's full now.

Had an idea - my mate's birthday is imminent, I'm rich these days, why not buy a couple of tickets for the Legends Lounge?

We're both in our seventies now, we won't be here forever. We've watched a lot of historic Forest games between us.

Got the tickets, Brighton on 25 November. It'll be good to be there in person again.

Great idea pebble, too late for me as I probably could'nt afford the travel insurance these days. Be relying on you blokes for a good account of the game though.

I’m like you mate similar age etc I’m there in the legends lounge tomorrow with family expensive day out but as you say it’s great to be there again just hope the players put on a show

Our seats in the lower BC are right at the very back, just in front of the boxes and the new electric panels that are yet to be switched on. The stewards have obviously been told to make sure we don't stand up so that we don't obscure the screens from the TV cameras. Problem for us is that the young kids Infront of us have to sit on the backs of their seats because they are too small to see otherwise and the stewards don't seem bothered about them.
I genuinely do not want to be standing at a football match and have pointed out to the stewards that across in A and B blocks of the main stand that nobody is sitting but we just seem to be a soft target despite having nobody behind us to worry about.

If we'd lost today, I wouldn't be looking forward to this quite so much. Could have been nervy, is Cooper's job on the line?, etc.

Now I feel confident that the new side is starting to gel and we could reach the
top half of the table.

It's been a while since the first game I watched, in the Bridgford End with my dad, Flip le Flem scored.

Not so long after, we were in the Trent End with 40,000 in the ground (including office staff and tea ladies) as we beat Man U 3-1. Squeals from female fans as Best got the ball, Law and Charlton also playing for them, Joe Baker got one of our goals by latching onto a long kick by Grummitt and nipping between their central defenders.

Ian Storey-Moore emerging. Sports Report on Radio 2 as we drove back from games along the unmade Holme Pierrepoint road, Forest with only 1 defeat in 20-odd games (one more each time the stat was quoted), lost the return 1-0 at Old Trafford and finished runners up to Man U. Those were the days - and the best was yet to come!

If we'd lost today, I wouldn't be looking forward to this quite so much. Could have been nervy, is Cooper's job on the line?, etc.

Now I feel confident that the new side is starting to gel and we could reach the
top half of the table.

It's been a while since the first game I watched, in the Bridgford End with my dad, Flip le Flem scored.

Not so long after, we were in the Trent End with 40,000 in the ground (including office staff and tea ladies) as we beat Man U 3-1. Squeals from female fans as Best got the ball, Law and Charlton also playing for them, Joe Baker got one of our goals by latching onto a long kick by Grummitt and nipping between their central defenders.

Ian Storey-Moore emerging. Sports Report on Radio 2 as we drove back from games along the unmade Holme Pierrepoint road, Forest with only 1 defeat in 20-odd games (one more each time the stat was quoted), lost the return 1-0 at Old Trafford and finished runners up to Man U. Those were the days - and the best was yet to come!
Just checked and it appears the attendance was just shy of 50,000.

This would cause health and safety concerns today. My dad brought a low stool for me to stand on. There were occasional crowd surges (with 50,000 fans in the ground) and we were sometimes swept forwards slightly. No-one fell over the stool, and we carried on watching.

top half of the table.

so they wernt quite the days just yet then :)