Derby in embargo? | Vital Football

Derby in embargo?

ozzyten10

Vital 1st Team Regular
Talking to a sheep last night who reckons they are in embargo. I pointed out Lawrence et al but he insisted that the football league have placed sanctions upon them and despite what we hear the problem with the latest transfer is FFP related.
Cheered me up no end. Hope it's true. I reckon she'd Wednesday will be next then wolves.

If they are under embargo, it's not FFP related. They will have been assessed last December and the next assessment will be when they submit results this December. There's no way it can have been triggered in August/September.

That's not to say they didn't work out that Kieftenbeld's transfer would put them in breach and stop it at the last minute but even that seems unlikely as it would be included in the 2017-18 results and therefore not part of the FFP assessment until December 2018, so plenty of time to resolve.

Kieftenbeld's transfer fell flat due to paperwork being completed incorrectly (twice), by the time they got it right & sent it to FL - deadline had passed. Transfer failed due to genuine incompetence - nothing else (Rowett is seething)!

It is not FFP related.

They could be placed in embargo for failing to make instalments on players they have purchased (as we were with Britt & Posh), but they have sold, Hendrick, Ince, Hughes etc.... there is no danger on ability to pay clubs (due to Mel's backing).

However - there is a belief that the accs to 30-6-2017 could show a bigger loss than expected, with wages now their biggest issue - especially, as they have had to pay off a few managers &
their entourages in recent seasons! Sound familiar?

So - unless they have breached some other regulation - they are not currently in embargo.

Our Kids Dad - 8/9/2017 11:14

Kieftenbeld's transfer fell flat due to paperwork being completed incorrectly (twice), by the time they got it right & sent it to FL - deadline had passed. Transfer failed due to genuine incompetence - nothing else (Rowett is seething)!

It is not FFP related.

They could be placed in embargo for failing to make instalments on players they have purchased (as we were with Britt & Posh), but they have sold, Hendrick, Ince, Hughes etc.... there is no danger on ability to pay clubs (due to Mel's backing).

However - there is a belief that the accs to 30-6-2017 could show a bigger loss than expected, with wages now their biggest issue - especially, as they have had to pay off a few managers &
their entourages in recent seasons! Sound familiar?

So - unless they have breached some other regulation - they are not currently in embargo.

Will it be related to the guy that mad Mel fired for breach of fiduciary duties a short while ago?

This:

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-05-03/derby-county-sack-chief-executive-rush-for-gross-misconduct-and-breach-of-fiduciary-duty/

mao tse tung - 8/9/2017 12:01

This:

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-05-03/derby-county-sack-chief-executive-rush-for-gross-misconduct-and-breach-of-fiduciary-duty/

Possibly... but, I'd doubt it given that they have signed plenty this summer & that had been known about for a while.

I did hear that Sam Rush was taking a lawsuit out against DCFC, but all very tight lipped about that - understandably.

reasons don't matter- nice bit of news to cheer everyone up ready for tomorrow.

Good that mad mel is only half the fookwit that fookwas is and so likely to last longer causing more mayhem for the sheep pen.

Long may it continue :19:

Someone I met at a meeting today (who is about as close to things in east midlands football as it gets) reckons Fawaz and Mel M are very very similar. The only difference he says is that Mel has made a lot of money so he thinks he knows it all and is extra arrogant as a result. Says he wants to pick team etc. etc.

He said Fawaz is a fantisist and totally believed he was going to be involved after the takeover when everyone else knew he was going to be dumped.

Hes totally impressed with the new owner's approach. Says they really are the real deal.

He wanted to tell me much more but frustratingly I had to go on to another meeting so I had to cut our chat short. Dam it.

paplane - 8/9/2017 14:12

He wanted to tell me much more but frustratingly I had to go on to another meeting so I had to cut our chat short. Dam it.

You've really got to sort out your priorities Pap.

If Derby were in a FFP embargo we'd know about it. The EFL publicly release which clubs are being punished for breach of the regs.

Remember them saying once we can bring ourselves out of umbongo by selling players. Also that Millwall had been let off because they had been relegated.

5-0 now. Hulls defending is a shambles. All over the place. They're trying to play out like we do except the're shite. Hector looks absulutely garbage. We dodged a bullet there judging by this pweformance.

Sheep fans getting all exciting thinking their now as good as Barcelona but this Hull team :21:

The thing is, that 4-0 flattered them. Im not saying that as a Florist fan, its watching it as a football fan.

Hull were awful at the back and 4-0 flattered to deceive, I havent watched the 2nd half, im on Celebrity Masterchef