Derby County in controversial renaming | Vital Football

Derby County in controversial renaming

ZedRed

Vital Football Legend
I hadn't caught wind of this initially, but I've seen looking around in the British media that Derby County appear to have been officially renamed as Lampard's Derby.

I don't know what everyone else thinks about this, but I think it's completely disrespectful to the club's history.

After all, we are talking about the worst team in history here.

I was just about to say the same thing.
Psycho was a much better player and didn't get the same kind of reaction when he went into management.

I hadn't caught wind of this initially, but I've seen looking around in the British media that Derby County appear to have been officially renamed as Lampard's Derby.

I don't know what everyone else thinks about this, but I think it's completely disrespectful to the club's history.

After all, we are talking about the worst team in history here.

Agree. So many other ***** they could have named themselves after.

They put an article on the BBC Forest home page about his first cup meeting as manager. Then another one about the Derby fixture list. Not one mention of Forest in either article. I had some strong words so about this I tell you.

Lampards to the slaughter.
great natural finisher but hardly a midfield general and doesnt come across as the manager type to me I admit

Forest set to make their 5th, sixth and seventh signings this week with more to come.

Derby have so far signed.... No one because their rookie manager is in Moscow

Forest set to make their 5th, sixth and seventh signings this week with more to come.

Derby have so far signed.... No one because their rookie manager is in Moscow

I was reliably informed by my Shagger friends that they had nothing to worry about as Jody Morris was back doing all of the donkey work and it was good that Fat Frank was out there so he could have a first hand look at the talent at the World Cup..............

Oh and they're getting 4 Chelsea players on loan.....

For all that it is funny that Lampard is out there, remember their squad got them into the pray offs last season so it’s not like they need major surgery.

On the flip side we are talking double figures both incoming and outbound to revamp a squad that wasn’t too far from a relegation battle so I would fully expect our manager to be busy.

Still can’t believe that he is spending the first month of his first managerial job away and it is worthy of ripping the proverbial but I am not convinced it is going to have that dramatic an impact.

For all that it is funny that Lampard is out there, remember their squad got them into the pray offs last season so it’s not like they need major surgery.

On the flip side we are talking double figures both incoming and outbound to revamp a squad that wasn’t too far from a relegation battle so I would fully expect our manager to be busy.

Still can’t believe that he is spending the first month of his first managerial job away and it is worthy of ripping the proverbial but I am not convinced it is going to have that dramatic an impact.

Yep I agree, but it shows an incredible amount of arrogance (from either M Morris or Lampard, or both, not sure who), to think that a rookie manager can be away from the club at such a crucial time in the season.

But, as you suggest, what really matters is what happens on the pitch and at present, they haven't lost any players so we can only assume they will be just as strong.

IMO the real test for Lampard will be after say 8 or 9 games when opposition teams have been able to evaulate the way he sets his teams up - can he out manoeuvre the opposition manager? We'll see.