Dempsey out long term? | Vital Football

Dempsey out long term?

OneSirKeefy

Vital Football Hero
Someone just mentioned on Facebook, that SE has said Kyle Dempsey is having surgery and will be out for between 3 and 10 weeks!!

Can anyone confirm this?

3 is bad enough. If it’s 10 I fear we are done.

And I’m wondering why there’s such a big gap between best and worse case scenario?

6-8, 7-10, 2-4 weeks, I could get. But 3-10. Seems weird.

I'm feeling like a boxer hanging on the ropes, hoping the ref calls it done, or my corner throws in the towel. It can't get any worse...... can it?

Evans walking out or certainly driving forward his own exit almost seems inevitable.It is almost a impossible job now.I said before this season that this season would be tough but it has just got a whole lot tougher than even I expected.I feel that the embargo has to be lifted if that means we have to sell someone so be it .Injured players count I take it so everyone is a step nearer relegation losing Dempsey is a massive blow.We are possibly looking at very few attacking midfielders till the end of the year and no senior left back.

Probably rules out a January move. I'm not sure that we would have accepted any offers but I think we should have given them serious consideration. Not for the fee but for the add ons. Dempsey has the ability to play at a good level in the championship and his next move could just be a stepping stone. A decent percentage sell on could prove invaluable in the future.

Personally if the deals (add ons) were right I'd sell both Tucker and Dempsey in January. Longer term view over short term view being the reason.

Mark you made a good point. Unless Dempsey recovers and is playing by Christmas, I reckon Tucker's sale in January is nailed on if we get a meaningful offer.

Really disappointing news; Dempsey has been our most consistent performer this season and we`ll sorely miss his class and leadership.

But, we`ve got to get on with it ! Sometimes it`s shared adversity that makes a team`s spirit stronger. Phillips has been outstanding in the midfield since his recent return and Lloyd has also been in great form. Signs are that Lintott could probably do a good job on the right side - he`s good and can only get better. You never know, Olly Lee could make a return - we know he`s a good player. Carayol and Adshead are also in the mix. Our midfield is not our weakest area - even minus Kyle.

So, our season is now pretty well defined - as a battle against relegation - fortunately, we have a good number of battlers in our ranks. We all see things differently. Personally, with adversity seemingly stacked against us, i`ll be happy and see it as a success, if we finish the season fifth from bottom. COYG.

Personally if the deals (add ons) were right I'd sell both Tucker and Dempsey in January. Longer term view over short term view being the reason.

The problem is that an money recieved almost certainly won't go back into the playing budget, whoever the manager is, either long term or short term.

The problem is that an money recieved almost certainly won't go back into the playing budget, whoever the manager is, either long term or short term.

My view is the future adds on would be more important than any initial fee. The fee would be absorbed in the running costs (offset some of the losses). Its the unplanned bonus in 2-3 years time that could make the difference.

I firmly believe Allen benefited from that and it funded our league two title winning season.