Decent 2016 purchases | Vital Football

Decent 2016 purchases

Barney2004

Vital 1st Team Regular
Decent purchases that are either a bargain, useful, silly or just expensive.

My decent purchase this year so far has to be my smart tv. £220 for a Philips 42 inch tv with Internet :17:

That sounds a bargain Barney. Where did you buy that from if you don't mind me asking? I'll be looking for a decent tv in a couple of months.

one of my best purchases was in October last year. A liquid electric cigarette (which now I don't use) its helped me quit smoking since October.

I've been keeping my eye on a Phillips 40" 4k TV at Argos. It has Android built it. Down to £379 at the moment, which I think is a great price. Maybe I will be tempted.

Yeah, 4k prices are coming down, but having the android built in is a nice bonus. Got a 50" 4k already, and this will be for the bedroom, but still a bargain.

Will update when I get it.

No, it's this one mate

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3979877.htm

I actually need it to be smaller rather than bigger, as I want to take it with me to my housesitting jobs as well as use at home. If they did a 32" 4k I'd probably get that.

On another note, I was on the way to Argos last week to get a new Samsung Tablet. It was £319 new. On the way I walked past one of those Cashconverter shops, and saw the same model in the window for £200.

I decided to have a look. No scratches, in box, with documentation and charger. I bought it.

Now, that is serendipity in action!!

It was meant to be. If I want something, I look everywhere, ebay, amazon, included. Tht now includes these second hand shops.

Another good one, I needed a Bluetooth speaker, and read up the one I wanted. It was listed at £34.99 on Amazon. I put it in my Wishlist last week, and got a notice yesterday that it was on sale at £25.70.

It's worth doing this. You need the Amazon app on your phone, but it has worked more than once.

I do the same with cans of beer mate. Scout all the supermarkets and see which ones are the cheapest haha! why not?

Though I went to aldi last week and thought I'd get some cans. Bought some Galahads for £2.59. (4 can pack). Tasted just like Carling.

Also their bottled Ales in there are worth getting if you like Ale. Bottles range from 89p - £1.50

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 6/4/2016 08:51

On another note, I was on the way to Argos last week to get a new Samsung Tablet. It was £319 new. On the way I walked past one of those Cashconverter shops, and saw the same model in the window for £200.

:1: :1: :1:

Bloody hell Heath, that's a belter!

There are some decent look bits and bobs in our local CEX shop, but I currently don't want/need anything in there. I do keep popping back, just in case....

I can only claim a measly £15 or so of Nectar points, but I do have about £110 of Tesco Clubcard vouchers, potentially worth about £440 with their Clubcard boost thingy.

So if anyone hears of anything, please let me know! I go on the website now and again, but just can't really be arsed when I get there!

£268 and once you get your head around Windows 10 its fast as bluenose running away from soap and water.

The sleek and stylish LenovoIdeapad™ 305 Laptop gives you power and portability.

The glossy blue shell will earn you plenty of admiring glances and it's even more impressive when you open the lid, thanks to a 1920x1080 resolution on the 15.6 inch screen and stereo speakers with Dolby® Audio that bring all your entertainment to life.

An Intel® Pentium® processor and 8Gb RAM can handle all your everyday computing jobs, while a 1Tb (1000Gb) hard drive gives you storage space for up to 280,000 digital photos, 250,000 songs, 440 hours of DVD standard video or 120 hours of HD video.

The Ideapad 305 comes with 802.11 a/c Wi-Fi, which offers up to 3 times the connection speed of 802.11 b/g/n. Thanks to a download rate of 867 Mbsps you can play games, stream music and watch videos faster than ever.

Other impressive features include a HD webcam for video chats and the user-friendly Windows 10 operating software that keeps all the things you love just a couple of clicks away.

Features:
•Intel® Pentium® Processor
•8Gb RAM
•1Tb (1000Gb) Storage
•15.6 inch Full HD (1920x1080) display
•Dolby® Advanced Audio™ certification
•802.11a/c WiFi
•Windows 10
•Light and portable - 2.1 kg
•Battery life up to 5.5 hours
•Webcam with integrated mic
•Ports: 1x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0, HDMI, 4-in-1 card reader
•Lenovo Ideapad 305 Laptop - Blue

Attachments

• 7A9PA_SQ1_0000000020_BLUE_SLf.jpg
    7A9PA_SQ1_0000000020_BLUE_SLf.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 0
It was kind of end of the year but the best bargain we got and ever have I think is the American Fridge Freezer knocked down from £1027 to £632-00. I swear someone had made a mistake on the price however I wasn't complaining. When I rung up to register it the guy said we had, got an amazing price on it..

My best purchase of the year is my Crosley Troubador Record Player, for all my vinyl singles and albums, and vintage 33rpm's. Cost me a mere £165.

Great addition to my music room.