Death Penalty. Yes or No. | Page 6 | Vital Football

Death Penalty. Yes or No.

I'm sure if a peadophile buggers your kids senseless in a KFC toilet your compassion will be applauded by the judge

If a peadophile did anything to my kids I'd kill them with my bare hands, but that would be a normal reaction by any victim to crime. Of course we sensibly employ unbiased juries and judges to make non biased sensible verdicts and pass sentence.

I'm sorry but I don't think the death penalty should apply to rape, paedophilia, etc.. If it were my kids, would I feel different about this, yes of course. But one must try to be purely objective and impartial in the case of capital punishment.

In my opinion it should be for murder and treason only. Murder of a police officer and acts of terrorism should be certain criteria for capital punishment.

Absolutely not. What does the death penalty achieve? It certainly isn't a deterrent, so therefore it's simply state sanctioned vengeance. Don't get me wrong, if a close friend or family member was murdered / raped I would be mortified, angry, hateful, livid and no doubt thirsty to avenge. That's my prerogitive as a victim of the crime. I shouldn't though expect the state to sponsor my vengeance by executing the perpetrator.

How do you determine the criteria for executing people: Murder? All murder? If someone kills another person in an intensely emotive state, should they be killed by the state in return. If you chased the burglar who had just raped your wife and in your rage beat him to death, should you be executed by the state. Who determines the sliding scale of who should and who should not be killed, what mitigating factors are reasonable to alter the decision.

There are evil bastards out there and if they're caught they should be punished, I just don't get the clamour from some quarters (Daily Hate Mail) to have wrongdoers killed. I do not understand what is achieved by the death penalty escept perhaps the blood-lust of third parties.

Gazgecko - 8/8/2013 08:59

I do not understand what is achieved by the death penalty escept perhaps the blood-lust of third parties.

We no longer have to live on the same planet and pay for the housing and feeding of these vile pieces of shit. This is what is achieved.

Dragging up an old thread but just today there is a story in the press that surely shows why the death sentence should never return.

"More than 12 years ago, the lives of three families were torn apart.

The body of Rachel Manning, 19, was found dumped on a Milton Keynes golf course in 2000.

In 2002, Barri White was convicted of murder and his friend Keith Hyatt of perverting the course of justice.

Both had their convictions quashed in 2007. Six years on restaurant worker Shahidul Ahmed has been found guilty of her murder.

The verdict goes some way to repairing the damage, but the emotional wounds caused by the senseless murder of Rachel, and the subsequent miscarriage of justice which followed, will probably never heal."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-21426026

20 years ago this past weekend 2 very good friends of mine were beaten to death in their home. The Killer turned him self in a few months after, it was someone they knew. In Nov of 2003 that person was put to death in Texas where the murder took place.

I just happen to be working on a job that had me working in Houston at the time and I always set the alarm clock to ring and not to radio but that morning I awoke to the radio and a story of the Killer of my friends being put to death. I always attributed that wake up call to my deceased friends letting me know that Justice had been served that day.

http://www.clarkprosecutor.org/html/death/US/henry882.htm

May Lee and Hazel Rest in Peace.

My vote was yes

Etouffee - 5/9/2013 21:59

20 years ago this past weekend 2 very good friends of mine were beaten to death in their home. The Killer turned him self in a few months after, it was someone they knew. In Nov of 2003 that person was put to death in Texas where the murder took place.

I just happen to be working on a job that had me working in Houston at the time and I always set the alarm clock to ring and not to radio but that morning I awoke to the radio and a story of the Killer of my friends being put to death. I always attributed that wake up call to my deceased friends letting me know that Justice had been served that day.

http://www.clarkprosecutor.org/html/death/US/henry882.htm

May Lee and Hazel Rest in Peace.

My vote was yes

Very emotional reading your story mate, sorry for the grief of losing freinds in that way aswell must ahve been and still is hard for you and there families,

But that bit about the alarm and news coming on is not the first time ove come across things like this happaning, the night my nan passed our whole family that very night in the early hours all woke to a feeling of someone putting there hands on them and stroking sensation and we have a big family, yet no one knew my nana had passed at that time, sorry for turning of the subject just felt like adding that hope all is ok for you dude and you freinds are resting on peace.

Yea Clive I have had a few experiences like that :) makes you really consider whats goes on in the afterlife.

My father in law always said he would blink the lights at his Funeral to let everyone know he was there.... Right before the service started the lights started to flicker :)

Green Tea - 6/9/2013 11:52

In a civilised intelligent system, nobody should be put to death.

Sure, take away all laws and common sense and all live like animals - then we can have a free for all and kill who like.

The death penalty is like trying to live in between animals and an intelligent civilised world. Its like the country/state dishing out the death penalty - it has not quite got there yet education wise. Still coming out from the roots of being an animal. I suppose they need to ask themselves, are they any better than animals?

I thought we had gone past barbarianism, beheading, klu klux klan and drowning witches etc - but obviously not in some cases.