Dartford | Vital Football

Dartford

Pleased for them .Been a few times over the years .The pitch is a quagmire. But I find their fans a decent bunch.

First professional club I ever watched and went fairly regularly to the old Watling Street ground. A big ask but I hope they make it.

I've got a brilliant story from Dartford away in pre-season a few years back. I was there in the stands with a couple others and the crowd as expected, wasn't that big.

I heard the line ups and realised Ben Greenhalgh was playing on the wing for Dartford. I played in the same primary school team as Greenhalgh aswell as the same Sunday league team for a good few years growing up.

Anyway about half hour into the game and the ball got kicked into the stand exactly where I was standing, pinged off the back and I grabbed it and chucked it back in play without really looking. Anyway, next thing I hear is "Cheers Dave" as Greenhalgh caught the ball and just threw the ball back in play casually.

Ben Greenhalgh must of seen me in the stands and obviously recognised me, thought that was a very funny football story.
Isn’t he the one who won “Football’s Next Star” Tv show on Sky One, and he then got a contract at Inter Milan when Mourinho was their manager!

Seems to have gone round a few non league clubs since then, as well as a spell in Scotland.

I've got a brilliant story from Dartford away in pre-season a few years back. I was there in the stands with a couple others and the crowd as expected, wasn't that big.

I heard the line ups and realised Ben Greenhalgh was playing on the wing for Dartford. I played in the same primary school team as Greenhalgh aswell as the same Sunday league team for a good few years growing up.

Anyway about half hour into the game and the ball got kicked into the stand exactly where I was standing, pinged off the back and I grabbed it and chucked it back in play without really looking. Anyway, next thing I hear is "Cheers Dave" as Greenhalgh caught the ball and just threw the ball back in play casually.

Ben Greenhalgh must of seen me in the stands and obviously recognised me, thought that was a very funny football story.
He should be nicknamed Trigger. He calls you Dave but we all know your real name is Bromley 🙄

Love their carved wooden man statue. That's where my mate stands.

I celebrated the day of my retirement by going there for the friendly on16th July last year. To think that some people regard me as a saddo. Pah!

Love their carved wooden man statue. That's where my mate stands.

I celebrated the day of my retirement by going there for the friendly on16th July last year. To think that some people regard me as a saddo. Pah!

Almost perfect celebration 58, a friendly at a non league ground. I celebrated my 65th by taking my wife to Birmingham with an inflatable canoe to paddle 6 miles in The Paddle To The Heart event. Sad or not it was great.