Danny K | Vital Football

Danny K

ian08040

Vital Squad Member
Hope I’m not repeating any previous posts
Danny Kedwell made good start in managerial position at Cray Wanderers
2 wins from 2 starts,won at Hornchurch yesterday for whom Liam Nash scored their goal in 2-1 defeat
Think I’m right in saying Cray are oldest club in London

I listened to a podcast during lockdown with Danny Kedwell where he said about completing his coaching badges! Being Gillingham manager at some point is something he really wants to achieve!

I listened to a podcast during lockdown with Danny Kedwell where he said about completing his coaching badges! Being Gillingham manager at some point is something he really wants to achieve!
Perhaps he’ll replace Steve next summer when Steve’s contract expires?

QUOTE="ian08040, post: 2987964, member: 13678"]Hope I’m not repeating any previous posts
Danny Kedwell made good start in managerial position at Cray Wanderers
2 wins from 2 starts,won at Hornchurch yesterday for whom Liam Nash scored their goal in 2-1 defeat
Think I’m right in saying Cray are oldest club in London[/QUOTE]
Yes re Cray. 3rd oldest in the world after Sheffield and Cambridge Uni.

Good post Ian btw.
:-)

Listened to that as well, think it was the same podcast when he said that Hanlan needs an experienced striker up top with him talking to him all the time. Keds has been coaching for many years in some capacity, good luck to him, I'll try and get to a Cray Wanderers game this season.

I can see him doing well .I think he would talk the players language be one of the lads as well as very much the boss .No telling who will be successful. But I think Danny will do better than many but only a tiny minority of non league managers ever get the chance in league football.

I heard somebody talking yesterday (in the RE) claiming DK is not allowed in the ground. Sounded like a "friend-of-a-friend" story so complete bollocks.

I heard somebody talking yesterday (in the RE) claiming DK is not allowed in the ground. Sounded like a "friend-of-a-friend" story so complete bollocks.
Unfortunately Scally has got previous so I can see how the story might be believed.

And if he is ever made Gillingham manager, people on here will complain that Scally is taking the cheap option by going for the non-league manager who just so happens to prior played for us. And from the first match if he doesn't win then cue comparisons with Pennock etc.

Unfortunately Scally has got previous so I can see how the story might be believed.

But most of the time the "previous" is based upon friend-of-a-friend hearsay where it is given credit thanks to prior "previous" based upon friend-of-a-friend hearsay. Very few people people have been openly banned by Scally except for Pulis and Mr Liptrott. And I suspect Mark McCammon as well. And maybe Patang57.

I would suspect that any person who has had a big enough of a falling out to be banned by the chairman probably isn't going to want to work for Gillingham in any capacy.

And if he is ever made Gillingham manager, people on here will complain that Scally is taking the cheap option by going for the non-league manager who just so happens to prior played for us. And from the first match if he doesn't win then cue comparisons with Pennock etc.
The simple fact is that Keds at the moment doesn't have the wide range of contacts that SE has.

I’m pretty sure Danny Kedwell was there tonight, sat in the box seats with Scally. Steve Evans was sat just diagnolly behind me. I’m 90% sure it was Kedwell there too, hopefully someone else who went to the game can confirm.

That is bollocks - I saw him at a home game just before lockdown 1

He is still a year younger and I sure lighter than Bayo Akinfenwa. Tell Danny to come to Shrewsbury on Saturday morning. He may have a job to do?

He is still a year younger and I sure lighter than Bayo Akinfenwa. Tell Danny to come to Shrewsbury on Saturday morning. He may have a job to do?

Think he might be a bit busy on Saturday to worry about Gillingham!