Danny Fox | Vital Football

Danny Fox

Apparently ruled out for the season,does anyone know when his contract ends?

I'm pretty certain is runs until next summer. I think the reason he left Forest to come here was they weren't willing to give him that length of contract due to age and injuries.

We took the gamble on him and so far we are seeing exactly why Forest felt the way they did. I think he's only started about 15 games in 12 months.

The length of the deal was never mentioned on the club website (If I recall correctly).
I've seen June 30th 2021 mentioned . Also Wigan Today reported 18 months with another option year (June 30th 2020 then 2021).
The tag of 'injury prone' by Forest supporters appears to have followed him up to the North West (which is unfortunate).

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/wigan-athletic-defender-faces-season-ko-1-10214881
https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/fo...of-danny-fox-from-nottingham-forest-1-9564303

Last edited:
I'm pretty certain is runs until next summer. I think the reason he left Forest to come here was they weren't willing to give him that length of contract due to age and injuries.

We took the gamble on him and so far we are seeing exactly why Forest felt the way they did. I think he's only started about 15 games in 12 months.

H was brought in to do a job last season and he did it. He should have been no where near the first team this season if recruitment over the summer had been better and if we chose go give some of our youth (Obi ?) a chance (even if just on the bench).

H was brought in to do a job last season and he did it. He should have been no where near the first team this season if recruitment over the summer had been better and if we chose go give some of our youth (Obi ?) a chance (even if just on the bench).

To be fair to Fox when he was fit he was pretty decent for us, so i dont think it was a case of him not being near the first team this year. I think if he was fit he'd probably have been one of the better performers but there lies the problem.

To be fair to Fox when he was fit he was pretty decent for us, so i dont think it was a case of him not being near the first team this year. I think if he was fit he'd probably have been one of the better performers but there lies the problem.

I thought he was better last season and appeared to follow Gavin Massey's form dive at the beginning of this season ... missing headers for example.

No issues with his performances, but we can't afford to carry 'sicknotes'. Release him ASAP, hopefully negotiating some of next season's money out for an immediate release.

Shame, since he looked a decent player on the odd occasion he was fit, and I've no personal problem with him, but the reality is that he's a crock who makes Nick Powell look like a hard case, and we don't need players who can't play on the wage bill, taking up physio time to boot.

I thought he was better last season and appeared to follow Gavin Massey's form dive at the beginning of this season ... missing headers for example.

He certainly didn't start the season well, but no one in our defence did. Maybe he would've bucked up or like you said been like Massey who's form nose dived.

His legs may even have completely gone he'll be 34 before he gets fit and so many injuries have probably taken it's toll.

I think some of the comments on here are downright unfair to a player that was brought in to do a job in the latter end of the season. A job that he did well when able to play. We all knew he was at the end of his career and liable to suffer injuries but to criticise the lad is in my opinion crass. It was a gamble to bring him in, one that worked in the short term, but inevitably failed and will probably bring an end to his career. Why kick the lad while he is down.

Why kick the lad while he is down.

I for one am not blaming Fox, i'm blaming the clown that signed him, didn't clown know he was injury prone? Everyone else did!

Fox won't be arsed how much stick he gets, he'll still pick up a decent weekly wedge for fucking about on the treatment table!

I for one am not blaming Fox, i'm blaming the clown that signed him, didn't clown know he was injury prone? Everyone else did!

Fox won't be arsed how much stick he gets, he'll still pick up a decent weekly wedge for fucking about on the treatment table!

He could actually be gutted about being on the treatment table, worried and depressed about having to cut short a career which he'd hoped to carry on for a couple more years. He's a human being, and not all people are remorseless sociopaths. Don't judge everyone....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41599714

You'd do well to read this, and learn from it before spouting off. Money isn't everything, and not always a solution to people's problems.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41599714

You'd do well to read this, and learn from it before spouting off. Money isn't everything, and not always a solution to people's problems. Greed and Envy aren't attractive, Grip.

I feel for Kirkland i really do, but i don't see what that has to do with Cook buying a bloody crock!
Some empathy needed was the point Norm. I imagine Danny Fox would rather be out training and playing rather than being stuck in the treatment room. You are of course entitled to question why we signed an injury prone player.

Some empathy needed was the point Norm. I imagine Danny Fox would rather be out training and playing rather than being stuck in the treatment room. You are of course entitled to question why we signed an injury prone player.

Cook buying crocks was the point i was making, God knows how we ended up talking about players with mental health issues, i just wish folk would stay on topic instead of twisting everything, its disagreeing for the sake of it sometimes on here!

Cook buying crocks was the point i was making, God knows how we ended up talking about players with mental health issues, i just wish folk would stay on topic instead of twisting everything, its disagreeing for the sake of it sometimes on here!
At the end of the day Fox looked quite good when he has played the odd game but he has also been a complete and utter waste of money and one that we are paying ridiculous wages to. His month's salary will be like two years salary to many of our fans. We need these expensive asserts fit and playing and not earning hundreds of thousands to sit the majority of the season out.
Next Pilkington, another one. Is he sitting on his arse counting the thousands of tenners he makes for sitting on his arse because Cook doesn't rate him or is he injured yet again?
Now yesterday, how were the lot of them spending it? Defo not in for much needed training or coaching so looks like a day off.