Daniel Levy: Spending in Premier League 'totally unsustainable' | Page 3 | Vital Football

Daniel Levy: Spending in Premier League 'totally unsustainable'

Harry-Kari - 28/7/2017 17:34

It's not that we have no money to spend on players, it's not that there are not players that we could afford that would improve our squad. Most of us are not expecting superstar signings nor are we expecting Lewis to break the habit of a lifetime and be like Abramovich or the Arab oil magnates, but we do expect some activity to improve our options for the coming season. To those who say we have the best first eleven I would point out that last season we clearly did not as we finished second in the League, lost in the cup semi-final to the League winners, failed to progress from the ECL group stages and lost our one Europa tie.

Its hard to be consistent in all comps. Our first 11 is hard to beat imo but chelsea had the luxury of playing their best team fresh for most weeks.

We do need 2 signings though, good quality signings that will see us be able to rest certain players without worry.

Tottenham Hotspur are the only team in the Premier League not to have bought a player so far this summer.

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7523279">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

Spursex - 28/7/2017 13:02

Real Deal - 28/7/2017 12:47

Fingers crossed N'Kou and Janssen are being looked at for the long term. Sadly regarding Poch's transfers he tends to sell them or loan them out pretty quickly if they don't show enough promise.

Regarding promoting youth it is a tricky one, but reality is most of ours won't be good enough. Only Winks stands out for me.

IF we can only create one player a season that's good enough to make the first team squad and then establish himself, that will be an incredible achievement.

Still believe that Onomah has what it takes to do that, but no question he'll have to improve and this is the season he has to do it.

Surprised you've written off KPW given how long you've called him as one to make it....

There are couple of others who still might surprise us, but unquestionably they'll have to step it up..

I'm not writing off Onomah, CCV or KWP off EX, just don't think they will be ready any time soon. Winks for me is the only one I think that could step up now if given the chance. A youngster that is 20-21 that can control a game has something about him.

CCV looks like he needs a full season of games under him and that wont happen here so imo needs a good loan at another club. Same with onamah.

I agree with Levy. I would never want to see us spend money like that. Thankfully it'll never happen with him in charge.

Not been around for awhile, but I don't understand the negativity.

We have finally built a culture where we keep our best players. That means more than signings to me personally.

Carrying a squad into each season, all getting to know each other better.

Walker probably has 2 years tops at peak, and already injuries are creeping in.

I think bringing youth off the bench late in games will be a viable tactic. Fresh legs to wreak havoc on tired defences.

Why our target should be keeping our players and bringing up slowly youngsters?
Will that make us able to compete seriously for titles and trophies in the shortest possible time given that we haven't won a title for decades?

Can any of you name a club worldwide which have achieved to win titles and trophies without strengthening every season effectively its squad?

Why some of you think that Spurs shouldn't compete every season for titles and trophies?

Can you name a reason beyond having owners who don't have as priority to achieve glory on the field in the shortest possible time but to achieve a bigger as possible profit in the long run?

Please name one reason why Spurs shouldn't compete every season for silverware.

Listening to Mopo's comments last night, seem to be at odds with Levy.

"It's true the squads are completely different but we are building the squad. Maybe today they have a little bit of an advantage, they are ahead of us because they have signed and kept the players that they want.

Is he saying he didn't want Walker to go? Or he knows Dier is leaving?

Anyway it's damn obvious that he is fuming we have not signed anyone.

Real Deal - 30/7/2017 09:12

"It's true the squads are completely different but we are building the squad. Maybe today they have a little bit of an advantage, they are ahead of us because they have signed and kept the players that they want.

Is he saying he didn't want Walker to go? Or he knows Dier is leaving?

Anyway it's damn obvious that he is fuming we have not signed anyone.

He is probably fuming that he has a kitty of 100m plus yet he can't spend it on players that cost over 30m.

It's going to be a long hard season. The game against Citeh just showed the gulf that is beginning to develop between them and us.

Our reluctance to spend will see us finishing outside the top 4 this season and Conte's comments are spot on.

Really frustrating. Best league season I have ever seen last year (can't believe we chose this one not to release a DVD of) and the opportunity of bringing one or two marquee players has once again come and gone.

That's not the view of Poch who admitted for the first time that we are behind on pre season and on signings. No shit Poch! I could have told you that just a month after the season ended.

Even though the Citeh game was a friendly, its pretty clear how much we are behind them and I'm pretty sure that applies to the likes of Chelsea and Manure as well.

The game did not prove we are behind on signings, we already knew that and Poch has to say the right words to pacify the fans rather than stoke up reaction regarding the performance .

Sorry. But I think the game did highlight our deficiencies and lack of depth. Citeh are far better equipped than us and on!y now has Poch realised it. He previously said that we didn't need to sign players, now he says we do and are behind. That's not to pacify the fans, if anything it will piss off the fans who have seen this situation coming way before Poch himself.

Poch is a marionette in the hands of Levy and Co.
As Conte said, he gets a high salary without having to achieve any important target and win silverware!
He just serves the lower expectations of his owners concerning football club Spurs!

All he has to do is to find excuses in order his bosses to avoid spending money to strengthen the squad.
Year in, year out.

Agreeing with his bosses on multi years construction plans (!!!) in order to give them time to accomplish their business targets!!!

Not a word or demand about strengthening the squad to make it able to compete seriously for winning titles and trophies!

He just helps Levy and Co to fool the naïve and unambitious among the supporters.
They do that for almost two decades!!

spur67 - 30/7/2017 19:59

Sorry. But I think the game did highlight our deficiencies and lack of depth. Citeh are far better equipped than us and on!y now has Poch realised it. He previously said that we didn't need to sign players, now he says we do and are behind. That's not to pacify the fans, if anything it will piss off the fans who have seen this situation coming way before Poch himself.

It would expose us if we were fielding our best side playing at full tilt but we didn't and they wernt.

Nick Real Deal - 30/7/2017 20:56

spur67 - 30/7/2017 19:59

It would expose us if we were fielding our best side playing at full tilt but we didn't and they wernt.

Neither were they. The latest Poch statement suggests we cannot compete for the title without strengthening the squad. Straight from the horses mouth and confirming what many of us have been saying for months.

Poch is a little naive and slow on the uptake whilst Levy is a tightness.