👨🏼‍💼Daniel Levy - Chairman | Page 19 | Vital Football

👨🏼‍💼Daniel Levy - Chairman

My point is it's all on credit. They haven't paid for it. So I couldn't give a damn if he helped design the stadium.

He has paid himself very handsomely in the process whilst taking 2 decades to achieve his project.

He needs to deliver trophies before I give him praise.

Yes but the money has to still come from our profit's before he spends. Now I know and agree 100% that Levy is paid a ridiculous amount of money for someone who has said "the most important thing is to get us winning on the pitch" or something close and although we had some good finishes we have won nothing. So in that way I think he and Joe have failed massively. Levy and Joe have failed to invest correctly either in the right players or at the right time. Yes we have had some good players come in but not one has brought success.

I agree with you that I think at moments Levy's penny pinching has cost us dearly. If he would have invested just a little bit more to get the right player instead of just the available cheap option we would have at the least won the premiership once but I think twice and at least one cup

I don't think anyone has ever said Levy isn't a great businessman. He is. He is an accountant. So he knows his numbers probably better than any other chairman.

But we all so have to take into account the money generated from the TV deals has been a massive reason we started to improve under his reign. Then add Sponsorship deals and of course the CL and Europa league campaigns.

Then add gate receipts and merchandise and you soon realise we actually make really good money without any money from ENIC. We even looked like breaking the top 7 worlds richest clubs before covid.

Approaching 21 years of ENIC and they have 1 trophy to their name.

I personally don't care about new shiny objects. They mean nothing if you win Jack.

It's put up or shut time now. He can't hide behind his stadium and training facilitie projects anymore.

In any other industry he would have been toast a decade or so ago.

As for what he could have done differently over the years comes down to his lack of ability as a footballing chairman. He has never had the vision to see when the time is right to spend that extra bit of money.

He should have implemented a strategy of only buying 1st 11 quality players whilst buying the best young academy players around.

We have spent 100s of millions on squad players over the years when there was no need.

When the time was right he should have gone the extra mile on better quality players.

I was livid when we signed Sissoko. If we really pushed for Mane at the time Imo we would have won the league in the 2016/17 season.

I do however feel with Fabio here we might now wean out some of Levys failings. I am quietly optimistic but still unsure if we will succeed with our new approach.

I don't think anyone has ever said Levy isn't a great businessman. He is. He is an accountant. So he knows his numbers probably better than any other chairman.

But we all so have to take into account the money generated from the TV deals has been a massive reason we started to improve under his reign. Then add Sponsorship deals and of course the CL and Europa league campaigns.

Then add gate receipts and merchandise and you soon realise we actually make really good money without any money from ENIC. We even looked like breaking the top 7 worlds richest clubs before covid.

Approaching 21 years of ENIC and they have 1 trophy to their name.

I personally don't care about new shiny objects. They mean nothing if you win Jack.

It's put up or shut time now. He can't hide behind his stadium and training facilitie projects anymore.

In any other industry he would have been toast a decade or so ago.

As for what he could have done differently over the years comes down to his lack of ability as a footballing chairman. He has never had the vision to see when the time is right to spend that extra bit of money.

He should have implemented a strategy of only buying 1st 11 quality players whilst buying the best young academy players around.

We have spent 100s of millions on squad players over the years when there was no need.

When the time was right he should have gone the extra mile on better quality players.

I was livid when we signed Sissoko. If we really pushed for Mane at the time Imo we would have won the league in the 2016/17 season.

I do however feel with Fabio here we might now wean out some of Levys failings. I am quietly optimistic but still unsure if we will succeed with our new approach.

There were many here who did a jig and were over the moon when we signed Sissoko.

Levy spent too long listening to football 'experts' who continuously got it wrong.

I don't blame him for that - I heard no one screaming or moaning when he appointed first one then another DOF - only after when they singularly failed.

As I said, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Last edited:
I'd sooner follow Levy's business model than City's. They're buying the league & whatever way Pep tries to pitch it, he's fooling nobody.

I'd love to have a Pep in a Spurs business model. Pep has entertained everyone in multiple roles. He was a model professional as a player and has taken that into his coaching. They clearly have bought the league though. Within that there is the best in the business who wouldn't have let our club go into crisis mode, even with our budget and a chairman with no football DNA.

I'd love to have a Pep in a Spurs business model. Pep has entertained everyone in multiple roles. He was a model professional as a player and has taken that into his coaching. They clearly have bought the league though. Within that there is the best in the business who wouldn't have let our club go into crisis mode, even with our budget and a chairman with no football DNA.

Really don't think you can call what he could/would have done - he's only ever known unlimited budgets and working with the best money can buy.

There is no basis for any comparison worth trying.

Pep has lead a charmed management life because of the players he can buy/discard without even thinking about it too much.

Great coach and you can see that, but it's so much easier coaching great players and also have some of the best assistants money can buy.

Really don't think you can call what he could/would have done - he's only ever known unlimited budgets and working with the best money can buy.

Pep has lead a charmed management life because of the players he can buy/discard without even thinking about it too much.

Great coach and you can see that, but it's so much easier coaching great players and also have some of the best assistants money can buy.

But it's OK to call that he can only do what he does because of unlimited budgets? That is equally as harsh on the guy.

I smell a double standard here :nerner:

To try & paint a picture that they hadn't forked out a £100M for Grealish was laughable in the extreme. To mention other players that they've also bid £100M for in a presser is also a big no-no. Haven't they also spent like £400M on CBs?

But it's OK to call that he can only do what he does because of unlimited budgets? That is equally as harsh on the guy.

I smell a double standard here :nerner:

Nope, I did say a great coach, but to be an amazing one, he'd have to prove he can build a team from lessor quality rather than buy one.

Yup. But to his credit, he is very flexible in his thinking.

Levy will have done his job when the media start referring to Paratici instead of Levy.

The club really should be pushing this out there.

Levy will have done his job when the media start referring to Paratici instead of Levy.

The club really should be pushing this out there.
I don't think the media will though. Football loves a character like Levy as it generates so much discussion on rumour. There will be a willing ignorance to any chance of structure for a long time

I don't think the media will though. Football loves a character like Levy as it generates so much discussion on rumour. There will be a willing ignorance to any chance of structure for a long time

Those announcers on Sunday were a pair of the worst I have ever heard.

Ignorance personified.

Levy has fingers in many other pies; I know because a company I am advising is one of those pies. But he will only ever be know for Spurs as far as the media is concerned and it will always be that way until he steps down/retires or sells up (which will probably never happen!)

Put your mortgage on it, only next time they will be properly prepared.
They may be back but I doubt very much it will be for Kane.

What makes them think January will be any different to now? If they're in a position to increase their offer why not do it this window?

From Kane's perspective he would look ridiculous pledging to stay another year and reneging on that promise four months later.

Will City want him this time next year? They may even have a plan B still for this summer in which case they won't need Kane at all.