Dan Ashworth | Vital Football

Dan Ashworth

Surprising yet not surprising at the same time. Two absolutely shocking transfer windows. Was he even here a year? Strange one. On one hand, was he here long enough to be missed. And on the other hand it makes us look really bad that second rate teams can still come along and pinch our staff. I would have thought he would have been sold a long term project before coming here - why even commit? Was his hands tied during the last transfer window? Broken promises maybe? Who knows. It doesn't look good at all from our perspective

Man U were going to make an approach for hime while he was at Brighton before we nipped in if rumours are to be believed. Maybe he has seen the new regulations that are going to come into force by the Premier league whereby clubs can't sign commercial deals with companies associated with their ownership. Only six opposed it, us, Man City, Everton. Chelsea, Notts Forest, and Sheff U. Now that tells a tale

Ashworth is not the b all and end all. Obviously not that committed.
There are plenty of alternatives who are as good as, if not better.
Tonali was not the greatest buy made under Ashworth.

Ah well maybe now we can buy a player with the ashworth money. Seeing as Wilson is injured again for 3 months. I would love to know who's responsible for the last transfer window because somebody needs to be held accountable.

Last edited:
Ashworth is not the b all and end all. Obviously not that committed.
There are plenty of alternatives who are as good as, if not better.
Tonali was not the greatest buy made under Ashworth.
Im not sure that's an ashworth recommendation. I think Tonali was scouted before that but to be fair he looks a good player. He needs to play next season like he owes us.

Ah well maybe now we can buy a player with the ashworth money. Seeing as Wilson is injured again for 3 months. I would love to know who's responsible for the last transfer window because somebody needs to be held accountable.
That will be Wilson done at Newcastle as anything other than a sub. Great player but his injury record is appalling.

So the snake is due another lengthy spell of gardening leave. Does this guy ever actually work? Let's hope all man utd transfer windows are like our last one under ashworth. Can anyone name a player he was fully responsible for bringing to nufc?

Apparently we are in no hurry to appoint a successor. I hope thats incorrect as we need to appoint somebody decent as soon as possible.
I think Howe needs someone above him otherwise he will bring all his mates in from Bournemouth.

Apparently we are in no hurry to appoint a successor. I hope thats incorrect as we need to appoint somebody decent as soon as possible.
I think Howe needs someone above him otherwise he will bring all his mates in from Bournemouth.
They're probably gonna take their time after what happened with ashworthless. Due diligence this time I hope

Man utd going to need a lot more than ashworth. Getting played off the park at home to Fulham. Shambles of a club

The seem to think ashworth won't have tondo his gardening leave and that they'll be back for isaak and Bruno in the summer

The seem to think ashworth won't have tondo his gardening leave and that they'll be back for isaak and Bruno in the summer
If man utd activated Bruno release clause I would genuinely take 20 or 30 million less and sell him to PSG or someone abroad. I can't see him wanting anyone else in England other than man City or Liverpool. Arsenal don't need him