Dalian Atkinson - Police charged regarding his death | Vital Football

Dalian Atkinson - Police charged regarding his death

The police force is institutionaly racist, I worked with Warks police for 5 years so have some experience of how it works.

The police force is institutionaly racist, I worked with Warks police for 5 years so have some experience of how it works.

Is West Mercia police force institutionally racist ?.They are the force involved with this. Or are you generalising about police countrywide?.

Where it will kick around for a long while before being swept under the carpet, no doubt.

Mmm. Don't know about that. If it was going to be swept under the carpet it wouldn't have got this far. CPS are not police remember . Doesn't benefit them to cover anything up.

Taser's are dangerous, especially to people who have a heart defect and that obviously includes people who have undiagnosed heart deficiences.
Tasers should be banned from use, or at least only issued to officers who pass a psychological examination and are fit to use them. Three times I have seen officers use them and think it funny.

Mmm. Don't know about that. If it was going to be swept under the carpet it wouldn't have got this far. CPS are not police remember . Doesn't benefit them to cover anything up.

I’m just too distrustful and cynical I’m afraid Melon. As long as they are seen to be taking it seriously...

I hope the truth will out and people are punished if appropriate. I just fully expect absolutely nothing to happen.

CPS are judged on their conviction rate and this influences their decision whether to pursue a matter at court. A lot of the time if there is any element of doubt or it looks like there is a possibility of losing the job they will not run with it. CPS don’t want any prosecution running for months through court and costing a fortune only for not guilty verdicts at the end where the only winners are fat cat solicitors who regularly defend the undefendable.

This happened down the road from me and I think rather than being racist the police are simply useless and pathetic and couldn't handle the situation so tasered the fella to death. Many in this country want our officers to be armed which makes me shudder considering the state of most of them. Glorified doormen these days and that's being kind to them.

A police officer has been charged with the murder of footballer Dalian Atkinson who was killed in 2016.

The ex-Aston Villa striker, 48, died after being Tasered by officers at his father's house in Telford, Shropshire, on 15 August.

A second police officer, also from the West Mercia Police force, has been charged with assault causing actual bodily harm.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-50333081

I’m not quite sure how the CPS have selected these offences to charge with. Picked them randomly out of a hat??

Headline grabbing but Murder? He would have had to have some intent to kill for murder and I very much doubt the officer intended it, whether just useless or incompetent.

I’m not quite sure how the CPS have selected these offences to charge with. Picked them randomly out of a hat??

Headline grabbing but Murder? He would have had to have some intent to kill for murder and I very much doubt the officer intended it, whether just useless or incompetent.

Yeah, they would be much more likely to get convicted with manslaughter than murder.

seems really odd it is being charged as murder doesn't it? One would assume there has to be a bit more to this, because if it was 'just' an adverse reaction to being tazered, you would expect it to be manslaughter.