Cycling Helmet? | Page 2 | Vital Football

Cycling Helmet?

Not that I cycle often but when I do I always wear a helmet, I expect my kids to so if I didn't and then I got hurt I think they'd never forgive me.

Not to be the merchant of doom and gloom but a cousin of my missus was killed when he fell off his bike, he suffered terrible head injuries. It was stated at the time a helmet would had saved his life. He was 10!!!

Yes Villan of the north, understand, rev Pete said the same, has to set the example to the kids.

Went back to the shop. Asked one of the guys if he wears one, he laughed and said he should but doesn't!! I mentioned you lot nagging me and it has worked, I have taken your advice and bought one.

Tried one solid one on, was comfy but looked like an SS helmet, so gone for a conventional bike helmet.

Not best pleased and sorry I asked, but just shows, we can all take advice sometimes!

:14:

Balls. Asked my neighbour who does a hell of a lot of long distance cycling if he wears one.

He said if not he would have been a hospital case as opposed to just having a cracked helmet.

Fecking thing is so uncomfortable on my damaged old noggin :3:

I knew a guy who was wearing a helmet when he died from a motorbike accident.

There is no denying that wearing a helmet is a good idea. If I was wearing a helmet in the kitchen the other day, I wouldn't have hurt my head when I opened the cabinet on myself.

There used to be a thing called freedom but that seems to be completely gone. Perhaps someone should open a freedom museum?

Jonathan,genuine question, do you have a do not resuscitate notice on your records?

If not, wear a lid and at least give yourself a chance.

I understand how uncomfortable they are, but I think it's probably the lesser of two evils

They won't take dnr's in the UK, or not the last time I asked, might have changed?

Yes, unless something has changed, the dnr is an American thing.

Last year when things got bad, I re did my will and was told that the power of attorney was actually as or more important, so I sorted that so that my wishes were followed (ie not to be kept alive by machine etc) so that sort of thing is crucial, you take away the pain and stress of putting that decision on your family.

But you can't specifically say don't resuscitate

That said I remember family being asked when my moms old aunt kept having heart attacks how active her life was what the quality of her life was like.

If they had said bad, I think they would have let her slip away, but as she had been in the Bull Ring shopping on her own just the week before, they kept trying.

So they have their ways but nothing officially.

DNRs are definitely in use in Australia, not sure about any other countries.

DNRs are definitely in use in Australia, not sure about any other countries.