Cycling 2023 | Page 3 | Vital Football

Cycling 2023

Well, it's over. Hell of a winning margin for Vingegaard. I have serious doubts whether he's clean. Same with Pogacar for that matter. The margin between them and the rest is ridiculous. And when you see the relentless attacking on every single mountain stage, it's a bit odd. It's also strange how Pogacar and other riders are so good, so young.

The TV coverage has left a lot to be desired. Special shout out to that pathetic slut Orla on Eurosport, whose outfits get saucier every year - she obviously thinks she's a real treat. It's embarrassing. That fucking voice doesn't get any better either, does it.
Their performances do make you wonder . The Time Trial difference was eye wattering as was the following day.

That presenters outfits get more bizarre by the day -reckon she'll be in full bondage gear next year!!

Pogacar bonked and lost a ton of time...... on that mountain stage... fc uk knows what happened on the TT.

Good to see the Yates brothers strong.

That lass on Eurosport does my nut.....so does Adam Blyth.

Chris Horner my favourite on YouTube..... oh and the legendary Phill for commentary.

Last edited:
Pogacar's fucked up in a similar way two years in a row. He's a better rider than Vingegaard, but has been gung ho, and then careless. A certain serious, attentive professionalism seems to be lacking. He'll have to address that if he wants to win next year. That or increase his dosage to whatever Vingegaard takes.

As for Eurosport..... they need to find a new presenter. I'm sure someone from GCN will slot in - and why not, they seem to be swallowing up the world.

Lost interest wetchin most spoort these days cos tha can,t believe wot thaz seein. Widespread performance enhancing drug prob az f.cked the whole Corinthian attitude of fair play up. Used ta like wetchin the Tour De France but the Lance Armstrong revelation bolloxed all that up cos eee deffo wuz just the tip o the iceberg. Even Doncasters Tommy Simpson back in 67 collapsed on a severe climb and iz dying words wo "Put me back on my bike!" autopsy found massive amount of amphetamin in iz system, eee literally boiled ta death! In Civvy Street working in the gym business I saw all kinds o drug abuse, even one geezer who informed me that by taking a drug containing womens piss would pass the drug testing system with flying colours! Sport? not in my eyes, win at all costs and big business? DEFINITELY! Oh for the Guinness n bread n dripping days!

Well, I appear to be very near my best level again after 5 years of half arsed decline. Took a bit longer than I hoped. But legs have never been better. Feels good to be able to go uphill respectably again. Fuck me, I'm even going full Contador at times, dancing about....

Fer a leg strength workout in mi prime a used ta climb Winnats Pass n up from Carver thru Curbar gap wi mi arse on the saddle n pulling like f..k on the handlebars. Sadly a wore mi knees out but enjoyed every minute o doin it! Thy only lives once so mek the most of it!

I've done Curbar recently! From the bottom as well rather than bottling that steep section and joining from the Froggatt direction. Always feels like a proper climb. Much better when it takes closer to 7 minutes than 10, though...

It teks real motivation ta keep guin when thaz f..ked but az thi say , "No pain,no gain". Ad a jolly at Kilburn North Yorkshire a few years back n took mi bike ta test mesen up Sutton Bank, worra bastard that is!

Remco what a man ……. made the rest look like club riders….
crossed the finish then wham bam thank yer mam 😀

I used to cycle to work every day In my teens on my Claude Butler bike (double clanger). All the way from the top of Gleadless to Carlisle Street East. It was great going, downhill nearly all the way but boy was it a test going home via East Bank Road to Manor Top. I eventually managed to do it without getting off to push after I got into the fitness gig and took up boxing but I doubt if I'd make it across the city centre to Wicker Arches on a bike now. :LOL:

I used to cycle to work every day In my teens on my Claude Butler bike (double clanger). All the way from the top of Gleadless to Carlisle Street East. It was great going, downhill nearly all the way but boy was it a test going home via East Bank Road to Manor Top. I eventually managed to do it without getting off to push after I got into the fitness gig and took up boxing but I doubt if I'd make it across the city centre to Wicker Arches on a bike now. :LOL:
The more you do the easier it gets Gray ….. I’m determined to keep going as long as I can.

The more you do the easier it gets Gray ….. I’m determined to keep going as long as I can.
We do a lot of walking BB, we're both members of N Derbyshire ramblers soc but the Mrs has never cycled so it's made it a bit more difficult for me to ride much. My cycling to work days ended when I got hit by a car on Spital hill. The ****** wrecked the bike and drove off without stopping. I was just a bit battered and bruised but what with mi Mam and the Mrs to be joining forces to clip my cycling wings it got put on the back burner. I bought a cheapo bike when I was in my 40's and the kids were still at home I got back into it for a while, but when they left home it sort of faded out. I still occasionally have a run out on it but most of my cycling now is done on the exercise bike while listening to hits from the 80's. :LOL:

We do a lot of walking BB, we're both members of N Derbyshire ramblers soc but the Mrs has never cycled so it's made it a bit more difficult for me to ride much. My cycling to work days ended when I got hit by a car on Spital hill. The ****** wrecked the bike and drove off without stopping. I was just a bit battered and bruised but what with mi Mam and the Mrs to be joining forces to clip my cycling wings it got put on the back burner. I bought a cheapo bike when I was in my 40's and the kids were still at home I got back into it for a while, but when they left home it sort of faded out. I still occasionally have a run out on it but most of my cycling now is done on the exercise bike while listening to hits from the 80's. :LOL:
I do quite a bit of walking too 🙄