CW Not appy | Vital Football

CW Not appy

That goes without saying. It wasn't our worst performance under CW but we know we can do better. We played okay in spells and it was clear that changing the front two strikers worked

He must have given them right rocket at half time.

I think we showed Leicester far to much respect from the start almost to the point where we looked a little star struck at times.

Players who are normally 100% solid for the first time looked a little nervy, like they could'nt get rid of the ball quick enough which led to some pretty poor passing - balls to nowhere, out for throw ins & general loss of possession.

He had every right to be critical of his players if he didnt feel they'd met his high standards, but I don't think it was right or fair of him to be critical of the fans for applauding the players at the end.

Yes, we were as dissapointed as he was, but we appreciated the overall effort & wanted to show them we were still behind them - something I thought CW of all people would have understood.

Hopefully, this was just a blip & we will get back to concentrating on ourselves & not thinking too much about how famous/valuable/celebrity etc the opposition players are next time.

UTB

I think this shows why he is successful. It reminds me of a young Alex Ferguson when he was at Aberdeen. Even after some victories, including beating Celtic, he would still be very critical if he thought they had not played as well as he thought they should.
I was actually encouraged by Saturday’s game. Against a “top eight” team, we only lost by one mistake and a “wonder strike” after (I thought) a foul by them in the lead up.
The crowd support at the end was merited. Sheffield crowds will always applaud 100% effort. Yes, I know CW says that that is a given, but the fans were keen to show they supported the team in defeat, just as much as in victory.
CW looks at it as a manager. A driven manager at that. He doesn’t want us to be “plucky losers”.
As I said, that’s why up to now, he has been incredibly successful.
Long may that continue.

its a mind set thing and he just dosnt want his players falling in to the mind set of working ya bolocks of and losing is exceptable ,cause he knows we,ll go down. and he wants the fans to get that mind set out of our heads and believe we are a good team and should be winning the foxs at home, we me did actually come out of the lane excepting defeat cause of the mind set , WE PLAYED WELL AGAINST A GOOD TEAM BUT LOST ITS OK. now after the dust as settled and watched the game back and listened to what wilder as said the penny just drops,and how right wilder is. Its no good giving all that effort if ya not ganna do ya job keep ya concentration and eventually throw the game away and all that effort. i think there maybe changes against chelsea.

Didn't go to Headingley yesterday, despite having a ticket,he wouldn't say why.

We are in good hands

I disagree about 100% support 'always'.....many years of part time support from our Kop.....they don't like it if we lose and show it rather than try to rally the lads. Hope a new breed is with us now 'cause we need the Kop and the pensioners in the SS to be with us ALL season.

I disagree about 100% support 'always'.....many years of part time support from our Kop.....they don't like it if we lose and show it rather than try to rally the lads. Hope a new breed is with us now 'cause we need the Kop and the pensioners in the SS to be with us ALL season.
more than ever and what a great suprise it was for blades singing their hearts out straight after their second goal nearly broke the net .