Curry night | Vital Football

Curry night

Thanks Chris. Finally, a n/g thread that I can happily involve myself in.

I love a nice curry, although I’m a wimp and only have fairly mild ones. Funnily enough my 2 sons both love curries “as hot as they come”.

We have a couple of cracking curry houses near here that are superb either dine in or take-away.

As
Thanks Chris. Finally, a n/g thread that I can happily involve myself in.

I love a nice curry, although I’m a wimp and only have fairly mild ones. Funnily enough my 2 sons both love curries “as hot as they come”.

We have a couple of cracking curry houses near here that are superb either dine in or take-away.

“As hot as they come” for me too. Can’t go wrong with a naga or a phaal for me. In fact, I grow my own chillies - nagas, Trinidad scorpions, Carolina reapers, dragon’s breath and the like. For people who are fans of the hot stuff, Iceland do a surprisingly hot and fairly tasty “Carolina reaper” curry.

As

“As hot as they come” for me too. Can’t go wrong with a naga or a phaal for me. In fact, I grow my own chillies - nagas, Trinidad scorpions, Carolina reapers, dragon’s breath and the like. For people who are fans of the hot stuff, Iceland do a surprisingly hot and fairly tasty “Carolina reaper” curry.
I once went to a place called Jemima's Kitchen on the Island of Tobago. She had a cauldron of hot sauce on the go from home grown chillies. It made my eyes run just approaching the place - it was dark red with a hint of natural oil on the top. I had a dish of rice and peas, macaroni, grilled goat all drizzled with her hot sauce - ace. ST, for sure you'd have thought you were in heaven.

I once went to a place called Jemima's Kitchen on the Island of Tobago. She had a cauldron of hot sauce on the go from home grown chillies. It made my eyes run just approaching the place - it was dark red with a hint of natural oil on the top. I had a dish of rice and peas, macaroni, grilled goat all drizzled with her hot sauce - ace. ST, for sure you'd have thought you were in heaven.

I think I’ve been there - near Charlottesville. Whenever I come back from Tobago I always come back with as many huge bottles of hot pepper or scorpion sauce that I can fit in my case. I just ran out of the last batch, but will be replenishing again when I go back in April.

Not had a curry for around 4 years now,due to health issues,but after recent operation to rectify my problems,I am beginning to eat certain food I have had to avoid for a long time,most seem to have no reaction thankfully,
Just a few not been brave enough to try one is curry,but just one more check up with surgeon and I’m going for it,fingers crossed,

I think I’ve been there - near Charlottesville. Whenever I come back from Tobago I always come back with as many huge bottles of hot pepper or scorpion sauce that I can fit in my case. I just ran out of the last batch, but will be replenishing again when I go back in April.
Me too and when I'm in the US I buy 'Ass in a Bucket'

Not had a curry for around 4 years now,due to health issues,but after recent operation to rectify my problems,I am beginning to eat certain food I have had to avoid for a long time,most seem to have no reaction thankfully,
Just a few not been brave enough to try one is curry,but just one more check up with surgeon and I’m going for it,fingers crossed,
Why not do one at home? Chicken, onion, garlic with cummin, turmeric and some cinnamon, yoghurt and lemon and chopped corriander to finish. It can still be tasty without being hot but check first

People look at me as if I come from another planet when I say I don't like curry. Eaten about 3 in my life, mainly due to alcohol consumption. The wife can't wait for me to be out for an evening so she can cook her home. I'll then spend about 3 days complaining about the smell. That's the curry, not the wife.

People look at me as if I come from another planet when I say I don't like curry. Eaten about 3 in my life, mainly due to alcohol consumption. The wife can't wait for me to be out for an evening so she can cook her home. I'll then spend about 3 days complaining about the smell. That's the curry, not the wife.
What planet are you from?

I’m a bit snooty about curry (quelle surprise, I hear you cry), and a “traditional” British curry house invariably gives me horrendous two Bob bits the next day.

I really rate Veeraswamy in the west end though it’s very expensive in comparison to a run of the mill place.

I’m a bit snooty about curry (quelle surprise, I hear you cry), and a “traditional” British curry house invariably gives me horrendous two Bob bits the next day.

I really rate Veeraswamy in the west end though it’s very expensive in comparison to a run of the mill place.
What's Brick Lane like these days? Back in the 90's when I worked at The London we always sent our resident Asian PhD student out to bring us back a curry for Friday lunch. Pretty certain I couldn't take them that hot now.
I'm sure as the years go by they get tastier

What's Brick Lane like these days? Back in the 90's when I worked at The London we always sent our resident Asian PhD student out to bring us back a curry for Friday lunch. Pretty certain I couldn't take them that hot now.
While most 'Indian' restaurants are run by Bangladeshis very few serve Bengali food but it seems that Brick Lane is returning to its Bengali roots - hilsa fish, rezala, duck, crab, gonto, river prawns, frogs and red spinach - 'kin ace

dreadful! There are one or two decent restaurants along there but I wouldn’t be able to tell you what they are.

tayyabs around the corner is good for lamb chops