Cummings..... | Vital Football

Cummings.....

redderthanred

Vital Reserves Team
POSH:
They've only gone and done it again - This time at our expense..............

Cummings:
4 Games 4 Goals

Can we get him back?

And also can we buy their striker coach!!

- I like his running style - through treacle.
- His first touch - as if he’s wearing diving boots.
- Pace - slow; who needs to run quickly when you’re playing in the 3rd division?
- Balance - left foot like rivaldo, right foot like Daniel day-Lewis (I know it was My Left Foot, but you get the idea)

- I like his running style - through treacle.
- His first touch - as if he’s wearing diving boots.
- Pace - slow; who needs to run quickly when you’re playing in the 3rd division?
- Balance - left foot like rivaldo, right foot like Daniel day-Lewis (I know it was My Left Foot, but you get the idea)
Time will tell!

I have witnessed nothing in him, either here or at Rangers, to suggest he would fit into our style of play or if he is remotely good enough to play at Championship level.

Admittedly, he has had limited time to prove himself here, but I would imagine that the back room team have had a really good look at him before deciding he was not wanted.

You just do not get rid of a goal scorer, albeit with a record at a much lower level, on a whim.

4 goals in 17 games is not a bad record; Soudani has scored 2 in 109 minutes in comparison.

I know which one I would persevere with.

He's on loan.

I hope he bangs in another 30.... that way his stock rises & he either comes back with a point to prove or we sell him & cash in.
By the sounds of a smug remark by the P'boro chairman I think they have an agreed fee at the end of loan, so for him, if he bangs in 40 goals this season it only adds to the value that is in his pocket not ours. Like others have said I didn't see anything in him that suggested he could play in our system or higher up the league.

By the sounds of a smug remark by the P'boro chairman I think they have an agreed fee at the end of loan, so for him, if he bangs in 40 goals this season it only adds to the value that is in his pocket not ours. Like others have said I didn't see anything in him that suggested he could play in our system or higher up the league.

Means nothing - 3 parties have to agree to exercise that option, NFFC, POSH & the player. There may also be a recall clause.

Rangers had a pre-agreed fee to purchase Cummings post loan, but did not exercise it.

DMac can be as smug as he likes, plenty of water to flow under that particular bridge & he has yet to prove himself at Championship level anyway!

DMac actually said on Twitter he was very annoyed that he has been unable to bring Cummings there permenently. Didn't sound like it was all sealed

He said today, "I'm relaxed about it. We get promoted, I fancy our chances to sign him :)", this was in response to a fan saying that he is gutted he is not a p'boro player, and if he scores loads of goals it will add to his value. That doesn't sound like a chairman that is worried about a price increase!

He said today, "I'm relaxed about it. We get promoted, I fancy our chances to sign him :)", this was in response to a fan saying that he is gutted he is not a p'boro player, and if he scores loads of goals it will add to his value. That doesn't sound like a chairman that is worried about a price increase!

He is a NFFC player on loan at Posh.... whether there is a pre-agreed fee or not, it takes all 3 parties to agree to exercise the option.

What if they don't get promoted, will Cummings want to be tied into a deal with a L1 side if someone else comes in?

Not one for us to worry about ... let's get some of the others treading water in u23s (Henderson, Vellios, Clough, Ward etc) off out on loan or sold, if poss!

He is a NFFC player on loan at Posh.... whether there is a pre-agreed fee or not, it takes all 3 parties to agree to exercise the option.

What if they don't get promoted, will Cummings want to be tied into a deal with a L1 side if someone else comes in?

Not one for us to worry about ... let's get some of the others treading water in u23s (Henderson, Vellios, Clough, Ward etc) off out on loan or sold, if poss!
No one knows the terms of the loan deal apart from the people who matter. So it is not worth discussing, but I know the ongoing discussions for Ben Brereton are all about loan to permanent, which is in essence the same as a permanent signing, so who knows whether the Cummings deal is the same. I know for a fact P'boro won't be signing him for £5m, even if they are promoted to the championship.

No one knows the terms of the loan deal apart from the people who matter. So it is not worth discussing, but I know the ongoing discussions for Ben Brereton are all about loan to permanent, which is in essence the same as a permanent signing, so who knows whether the Cummings deal is the same. I know for a fact P'boro won't be signing him for £5m, even if they are promoted to the championship.

Not unless they are planning on paying for him with Turkish Lira

I think he perfectly puts into perspective the Scottish league versus ours. Div one standard