Crystal Palace FC (The Glaziers) vs. Tottenham Hotspur - FA Cup | Page 12 | Vital Football

Crystal Palace FC (The Glaziers) vs. Tottenham Hotspur - FA Cup

Afraid you and I were one of the few who thought we shouldn't have sold him and should have given him more time to get over the injury that stopped him from going to the WC...but, we sold him and the rest is history.
This is revisionist most thought Towsend was ok. He killed his own Spurs and England career with his behaviour. He was a limited but persistent player capable of the odd great game and a lot of average ones. At his worse he is like a blue bottle flying repeatedly into a screen and making no head way.Anyone fooled into thinking Moura is not a better footballer is wrong. Lucas Moura is at present injured and rushed back because we asked him too. Townsend will never impact games at the highest level (away in Barcelona and at United) like the Brazilian. And I say this as a bloke who is so flat on us right now. All I know is Andros is not the answer to any problems we have.

What gets me is that there are not any better players out there that could be an improvement on that shower that showed up yesterday , or so we are constantly told . On top of that , we play a rookie right back at left back who can’t kick with his left foot , and in front of him we play somebody who hasn’t been mentioned for two years who also can’t kick with his left foot and a lumbering lump at centre forward who can’t kick with either foot , waiting for someone to put the ball on his head who didn’t get near the ball all afternoon .priceless

Our losses in the Cups have nothing to do with who've we've sold, but everything to do with who we have not purchased.
Once again our lack of depth and reliance on the shallow squad has bitten us in the arse.
For Poch to say winning silverware is just an ego booster and to use this as a deflection away from being knocked out is very disappointing. I'm sure he would not have said that if we'd beaten Chavs and Palace.
What a numpty!
Well, the pressure is on to make 4th in the PL with a waver thin squad. Lets just lose to Dortmund as we don't want to be egotistical and then lets just focus on 4th........
He is delusional if he thinks the Spurs fans will accept this, Our football of late has been very much under par. 72% possession and 620 passes and we get beaten 2-0 by Palace. WTF!!!!!
I'm with ScottDaYid....would be hilarious if we couldn't even manage 4th, and the way we're going, it's going to be hard work given the injuries.
Pull you're head out your arse Poch. Invest in the team or watch us free fall.

Afraid you and I were one of the few who thought we shouldn't have sold him and should have given him more time to get over the injury that stopped him from going to the WC...but, we sold him and the rest is history.

Just because he had an above average day against trying to prove himself against his former team, doesn't cloud the fact that selling him was the right thing to do, and should've been done sooner than it was, because the rest of the history is that he's still shit.

One of my best days as a Spurs supporter was seeing the last of him in Lillywhites. Great decision, no regrets.