Critchley Interview Video - Passion, Loyalty. Attacking Football | Vital Football

Critchley Interview Video - Passion, Loyalty. Attacking Football

Klopp on the appontment:

Jürgen Klopp gave his best wishes to Neil Critchley as he explained why the Liverpool U23s manager's departure to take charge of Blackpool is an example of how the club wants to operate.
It was confirmed on Monday morning that Critchley, who took charge of two first-team fixtures this season, has been appointed the new boss of the League One side.
Klopp was asked about the news at his pre-Chelsea press conference shortly after the announcement and revealed his delight for Critchley’s next step.
“Congratulations to Blackpool and to Neil, it’s a great thing,” said Klopp.
“It’s a nice challenge for him, a nice opportunity. He wanted to take it, he asked the club and we said, ‘Yes, of course.’ It’s really nice because it shows it’s possible that you can make your way as a youth or U23 coach as well, that’s always what we wanted to have.
“We wanted to have the best people here in all different departments, that means in all the coaching roles as well. That means there are some requests – and will hopefully be more in the future – from other clubs. That’s exactly how it should be, we don’t want to have somebody here for like 20 years who is doing the same job. No, it’s exactly like that.
“I’m really happy for him that he got that opportunity and that he takes it. It’s a big club and hopefully everything will go well.”

Love his philosophy. He will be a great fit with us. I give him two years to get us into the Chamionsjip with a young improving squad that will hold their own. In the meantime I suspect we will really enjoy the football on show.

Well versed. Loving the chance of watching good football. My only worry is if he is too nice a guy looking after the kids and nurturing them is one thing but pros with attitude is another.

Looking forward to an exciting future Neil Critchley's tangerine army UTVMP!!!!!!!!

The humble / quieter disposition was confirmed by Danny Murphy's comments that he would need a bad cop assistant

Last edited:
Wish him all the very best and hope we form. a partnership the envy of the league.Onwards and upwards...

The Journey
New Head Coach Unveiled To Media
2 Hours ago

Large

Neil Critchley has met the media for the first time since his appointment as Blackpool FC's new Head Coach.
The former Liverpool U23 coach joined the Seasiders on Monday on a deal until the end of the 2022/23 season, and has confirmed he will work with the existing coaching staff already in place.
"The team that has been in place over the past four matches has done very very well," Critchley said.

"I'm looking forward to working alongside them, as over the past four matches they could quite easily have picked up maximum points. I think you've got to give David Dunn, Tommy Johnson and Steve Banks a lot of credit for how they have got the team playing over the past few weeks.
"I like to think that building strong relationships with people is one of my strengths and I'm looking forward to working with the staff and I'm sure they're going to be a big help to me between now and the end of the season.
"I've come from a very special football club in Liverpool FC which was built on good people, and I would only have left for another special football club. The feeling I got from the people here was very unique and I can't wait to get started, get out onto the grass and start this exciting journey."

The Journey
New Head Coach Unveiled To Media
2 Hours ago

Large

Neil Critchley has met the media for the first time since his appointment as Blackpool FC's new Head Coach.
The former Liverpool U23 coach joined the Seasiders on Monday on a deal until the end of the 2022/23 season, and has confirmed he will work with the existing coaching staff already in place.
"The team that has been in place over the past four matches has done very very well," Critchley said.

"I'm looking forward to working alongside them, as over the past four matches they could quite easily have picked up maximum points. I think you've got to give David Dunn, Tommy Johnson and Steve Banks a lot of credit for how they have got the team playing over the past few weeks.
"I like to think that building strong relationships with people is one of my strengths and I'm looking forward to working with the staff and I'm sure they're going to be a big help to me between now and the end of the season.
"I've come from a very special football club in Liverpool FC which was built on good people, and I would only have left for another special football club. The feeling I got from the people here was very unique and I can't wait to get started, get out onto the grass and start this exciting journey."
Has he been in the frame for awhile? Seems to be fully aware of how we've gone on in the last four games, echoing what Dunn said that we deserved more than what we got.

Has he been in the frame for awhile? Seems to be fully aware of how we've gone on in the last four games, echoing what Dunn said that we deserved more than what we got.
Said in an interview first heard of interest last week.

I guess there are some obsessive characters who watch as much football as they can and keep in touch with all the leagues.

Looks a good appointment. I like what he has to say, especially how he wants us to play. looking forward to some entertaining football.

Glad he is giving the existing staff a chance. It makes sense until he has assessed their capabilities and Dunn has obviously a connection with the players