Cricket thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Cricket thread

Yes I do rod not happy about it but over moon with the result avoided TMS so I could watch ch5 highlights just finished watching and that game was in the balance till we got rahane out could have gone either way what an advert for test cricket not that it needs one for me head and shoulders above 50 over and the slogit variety

Alistair cook has announced his retirement from international cricket and will play his last game for England at the Kia oval against India this week. Good luck to him he’s a record breaking legend he will be missed although this series has probably focused his mind on it’s probably the right to go,we can’t find a partner for him never mind a replacement the bowlers are going to have to up their game
Thanks for all you’ve done alistair

Agreed his record is wonderful.Probably the correct time to go or perhaps last winter wudda been the time for it to happen but he's had a fantastic career,enjoy your retirement from Test Cricket COOKY.UTCB

What a great tribute to alistair cook on TMS at lunch not only one of the greats of the game but just such a nice human being as well I hope he gets a big score in this game the wickets batter friendly even if Jennings did manage to get himself out again (think his time is up for now)

123-1 at tea,proper Test Match Cricket or a grind? Well done Chef on gerrin another half century. UTCB

Difference between cook and Ali . Cook is a dying breed proper test match opener can dig in Ali no idea how to dig in being beaten nearly every other ball I’ve no idea how he’s still out there

Bairstow gone for nought too 3wkts in 9 balls usual mini collapse ensues as batsman think they’re playin a 50 over game

Yet another duck as Curran leaves the field 131/1 to 181/7 pretty spectacular collapse even by our high standards

Butler gets away with one reviewed only cos he’s the last recognised batsman he got an edge but he didn’t realise he’d hit it still 7 down

198/7 at close Indians stuck to their task but as usual we made hard work of that I’d put the extras in at 3 they’ve 3rd top scored today

332 all out buttler goes for a magnificent 89
Excellent day today it’s decent score from a precarious position at close yesterday

Cook gets his ? in bizarre fashion but he me and the rest of the cricket loving country couldn’t care less how it came about he’s finished how he started so pleased for him records still tumbling 5th highest run scorer of all time in tests highest scoring left hander the man is a true legend ❤️

Tha bang r8 callin Cooky a true legend,it meks a change mind ya for thee to be r8 Victor.:giggle: Our Joe gets a ton also,well done young BLADE ROOTY.Yorks strugglin v Lancs 155-7,good job Kohler Cadmore havin a decent day(84 not out) UTCB

Stood wi rod and biggles for a couple of hrs not a sniff of a wicket as soon as they go bam 2 go straight away,should mop this up now

Perfect end to a perfect match as Anderson becomes the most successful fast bowler in test history by taking the last wicket knocking the middle stump out what a great series this has been the Indians can count themselves unlucky to lose the series 4-1 they have bowled brilliantly the batting not so good kholi apart. England move onto a new chapter without cook in Sri Lanka next. Can’t beat test cricket

It's been a strange but wonderful Test series.We've all gone from slammin our rubbish battin from the top order to seein fantastic fightbacks from both sides.I'm delighted for JIMMY cos altho he's from the wrong side of the Pennines he's been brilliant for along time and thoroughly deserves his standin as the best wicket takin fast bowler ever in Test Cricket. 4-1 dunt do justice how close the series was tho.UTCB

Last edited:
Well however unlikely it’s looked during this game we’re in pole position to win the roses match hopefully close it out tomorrow lancs need 121 we need 3 wickets CMON YORRRRRRRKSHIRRRRRRE