CREWE vs Pompey - FOOTBALL TALK!! | Vital Football

CREWE vs Pompey - FOOTBALL TALK!!

Pompeytim

Vital 1st Team Regular
So we're off to see the railwaymen after a decent enough showing in midweek.

Any thoughts?

Anyone going?

I'm actually considering going, although it is pay on the gate & am always wary of getting locked out - long way to go for that!!

I'd love to go but I'm working at the Southampton Echo of all places this weekend!

I will be there Tim,if you fancy being driven up and fancy a room in a Stoke hotel i can bring you back too on Sunday.Possible snag for you is that i will be passing you around 7.45am as i am being picked up in Stoke at 10.45
Am looking forward to the day - not for the footy but because i get to see some of the lads in the office who i don't see much of these days since i started working from home

Pay on the day is fine - trust me!!

I'm looking forward to breaking our long winless run at Crewe, then making it 2 on the trot at FP next week. :78:

I remember the Crewe game from years ago was the start of the great ecape - alright we lost 3-2 but at 3-0 the atmophere went into party mode and non stop blue army and alan balls blue n white army rang from the away end. That overflowed to the great Stockport game everyone goes on about and a miraculous escape from relegation. I dont believe we will survive but predict 3-2 loss with a kick start to a better run and fortunes changing for the better!!!PuP

Oh Yummy yummy yummy..... YEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeSSS

Get in there you Blues :35:

I can smell the play-offs in my water.... :139:

PUP PPU.... :1:

Yahooooo. We finally got through that poor show. What was it 24 games in all without victory. Nice one Guy lets have another one.

4 points in 2 games, watch out play-offs!

Going by the last 2 games, we are currently in better form than Chelsea, Man City, Barcelona and 'That lot down the road'!

10 games left, 11 points off safety. I've seen stranger things happen, the squad is finally starting to settle and confidence is coming back.

I know even if we 'stay up' we'll still go down, but a good run of wins now could be the difference between starting on 0 or -10 next season.

mslorna48 - 1/3/2013 14:33

I'm looking forward to breaking our long winless run at Crewe, then making it 2 on the trot at FP next week. :78:
Halfway there. :1: :1: :1: :1:

I stayed overnight in Stoke ( i work from home for a Stoke based bookies ) and was told when i arrived in Stoke at 10.30am Saturday that a certain PFC were staying in the same hotel!!

How embarrassing for me to get my room ,nice and early,and,after lobbing my gear in and having a quick wash etc heading down through the foyer en route to the China Gardens pub/restaurant very near to the hotel to see several track suited chaps in the foyer,some seated some not.I do my business at reception,dressed proudly in my Pompey clobber ready for the ale.As i walk out of the automatic double doors i notice one of them offering half a smile and should have had some balls to speak - not me i am afraid.Hate to be left hanging
Realised as i crossed the road to the office the 'offending smiler' was young Liam Walker - the team coach was driving up Festival Way as a left

:76: not even a pic

Now i admit to being an emotional old fukcwit!!!

I woke up at 6.30am, lay in bed as i ran a bath and started a prayer
This prayer carried on until i had a good dump and the crux of it was ''God,i know things happen for a reason my old mucka but please explain to me why you tool my dear mum from me when i was 7''
In case you can't ,how about repaying me a little and giving me a win for my beloved Blues today please?!!!

As i looked to the heavens at 4.55pm the tears flowed but i was the happiest fat bastard in the world - and the tears flow again!!!!

Play Up Pompey, i f*ckin love ya!!!!!!!!!

nice one mart, great that you shared something so personal with us :1:

this will be one of those 'where were you' moments down the line wont it, delighted we finally won just gutted not to have seen it!

lets face it, the reality is we WILL still go down but my hopes for the remainder of this season are that we go down as result of the 10pts we lose when (hopefully!) we come out of admin as it will be yet another kick in the nuts to start next season in league two -10pts already!

The scary part is we actually played ok - deserved the win and are now favs again to win at home to Bury
Things are looking up!!

lets hope so eh mart, we REALLY need to do all we can to get those points taken off this season and not next season...