Crawley | Vital Football

Crawley

DomdomPie

Vital Youth Team
Suddenly this game looks very important. Win and we're 3 points off the play-offs, draw or lose and we're 18th/19th having failed to beat a struggling Crawley side.

Moniz suggested in his last interview that he will be changing things. Somewhere in our huge squad is a starting 11 that should be challenging for promotion... I just hope we can find that winning formula soon!

Agree - it's time for change. Moniz admited this when Colin interviewed him on Saturday

Personally I woud go for 442 with Jimmy and Izale upfront, Burke and Snijders on the wings and try to pick 2 midfielders - which could be the trickiest part.

I'm tired of sacking managers every season - and I think it would upset a LOT of players if Moniz was shown the door (especially the Dutch ones). I think Ricardo's got to have a good look at his squad and pick a team that can be consistent.

He also has to learn that this division requires a battle in midfield and play Noble and Thompson in midfield.

I agree: there's a competitive starting XI in our squad and RM still looks like he's capable of working it out. He needs time. That said, a win against the creepies would be nice!

I think it's good that moniz realises he has to change things, God knows we've had too many managers in recent times that couldn't see it if it smacked them in the nose. Personally all this moniz out crap gets on my nerves, let's give a manager some time, we won't get relegated there are far worse in this division and too be honest how many thought we would bounce straight back up, it would be brilliant granted and there's still a long time to go yet.

It's a really tough call as to what to do in my opinion. Personally, I think we need two "tough but not necessarily gifted" players in centre midfield - much like the Bish/Ravenhill partnership in previous teams. It'd be an unpopular choice amongst some, but I think Smith/Noble are really the only ones that fit the bill. We just need to stop the opposition slicing through the midfield......Is our defence rubbish, or is it just under too much pressure for too many long periods in the game?

Some would argue, both. Whatever your opinion in that respect, we're stuck with the personnel so the only thing we can alter is how much pressure they come under and I think that can only be done by bolstering the midfield.

My "plan" all sounds reasonable until you realise that with 2 tough CMs, it leaves us struggling to find a place in the team for arguably our "best" player - Aborah.

As I said, it's not as easy as you think to put what's wrong right.

uysapie - 22/9/2015 14:49

4 1 3 2 with Amorah in front of the back four?

Yep - that's really the only way I can see of fitting Stanley in (if we were to play Smith & Noble), but of course, that would mean playing with one winger - which wouldn't be too bad if he was "floating" right & left.