Cowley's Ones to Watch | Vital Football

Cowley's Ones to Watch

Gaz_Imp

Vital Football Hero
Sorry if this has already been posted could not see it anywhere:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/10556974/who-will-be-the-next-star-to-emerge-from-non-league-we-pick-out-six-to-watch

Interesting article with DC. Highlights Dan Bradley who we have been linked with as a good player. Also mentions another midfielder Elliott Whitehouse of Nuneaton who strangely sounds like the sort of player we need from his description!

I would suspect its one of these DC is desperately trying to be the final piece of the jigsaw.

A good read that. Interesting if we are after any of those, as I can't see them being prised away easily. However with current form we might be an attractive idea to the players!

Agreed. If we do get Mr Bradley it would mean the other Bradley will be RB. Which on current form would be harsh on Beevers. Nice dilema to have though after all these years of averageness, at best!

Rob the Imp - 30/8/2016 08:13

A good read that. Interesting if we are after any of those, as I can't see them being prised away easily. However with current form we might be an attractive idea to the players!

This is almost the Cowleys wish list, he has prised others away to us, so I suspect one or two of those on the list will be heading our way, apart from the one we already have ! Brilliant manager(s), so lucky to have them, enjoy.

We are very lucky indeed we could be in for a hell of couple years ahead. Then the problem will be trying to keep them and their players.

Didn't realise Bradley was 27. Thought he was 24 or so.

We'll be sniffing around Akinola next summer I imagine but he might cost a few quid in compensation depending on who else is chasing him.

The reason we didnt this summer was he would have cost. Next summer he wont. They will have him lined up already for when we a league club!

He's U24 so he'd be a compensation player.

EDIT - You're correct. He's just turned 24 so he'll be a freebie!

Elliott Whitehouse is an interesting one. Thought he might of been the midfielder however he only came back from injury yesterday.

wellsey - 30/8/2016 08:44

We are very lucky indeed we could be in for a hell of couple years ahead. Then the problem will be trying to keep them and their players.

The Cowleys have already had two stepping stones, we are potentially the third. But if Clive and the Club show ambition ( like the Club didn't with Graham Taylor before he left for Watford ) we could well hold on to them over their two year contracts. I think they have been genuinely surprised by the level of support and interest since they arrived. Still pinching myself what is happening ! UTI.

impsimps - 30/8/2016 10:38

wellsey - 30/8/2016 08:44

The Cowleys have already had two stepping stones, we are potentially the third. But if Clive and the Club show ambition ( like the Club didn't with Graham Taylor before he left for Watford ) we could well hold on to them over their two year contracts. I think they have been genuinely surprised by the level of support and interest since they arrived. Still pinching myself what is happening ! UTI.

Agree with all of that. Im really trying to keep my feet grounded and I know its early days and that, but it all looks so positive. These guys could go a long way and I see no reason why with a couple of good seasons it cant be with us if that ambition is shown.

If we are a stepping stone I can see them ending up at a team like Peterborough but for that to happen they would have had to have got promotion with us and that will make me happy enough but hopefully we can hold on to them and show ambition IF they do well.

Looking at the fixtures the next lot of games look difficult so it will be interesting to see where we are around christmas time. Loving the journey so far though and that's what counts at this stage.

It's certainly nice seeing people still have some optimism left going into September. :pointy:

On my particular wish list is a bit of a cup run with some home fixtures for a change (on both counts).

azz_88 - 30/8/2016 12:15

If we are a stepping stone I can see them ending up at a team like Peterborough but for that to happen they would have had to have got promotion with us and that will make me happy enough but hopefully we can hold on to them and show ambition IF they do well.

With 2 good seasons, Peterborough could be a step down! Yeh yeh I know getting ahead of myself but you never know.

wellsey - 30/8/2016 12:25

azz_88 - 30/8/2016 12:15

With 2 good seasons, Peterborough could be a step down! Yeh yeh I know getting ahead of myself but you never know.

Or at least sideways...

NottyImp - 30/8/2016 04:18

On my particular wish list is a bit of a cup run with some home fixtures for a change (on both counts).

"a bit of a cup run" It sounds like you've downgraded your wish list since Saturday...

:pointy:

Big Jack McGinley - 30/8/2016 13:37

NottyImp - 30/8/2016 04:18

"a bit of a cup run" It sounds like you've downgraded your wish list since Saturday...

:pointy:

You mean Wembley? Don't believe a word that Russ says, he's worse than a Sun journalist! :pointy:

The Cowleys stock value is rising by the month
Just hope they aren't on too many chairman in the sarf looking for a miracle worker

Reliable sources have intimated that Notty , whilst enjoying a pre-match drink in the sun drenched surroundings of Sincil Bank, was confidently predicting at least one Wembley visit for the Imps this season. As he slurped on his usual pre-match tipple of champagne, he suggested in hushed tones that he fancied a wager that included the National League title and a unique FA Trophy/FA Cup double.

The Voice of Doom's mask is slipping...