Cowleys get a contract at Portsmouth. | Vital Football

Cowleys get a contract at Portsmouth.

Good luck to them. Fantastic managers but they've been lucky to get a long term deal there based on the way they finished the season. From an outsider's point of view it seems like the only job they've failed at so far.

Judging by Lauren's Instagram they're already down in Portsmouth.
I wouldn't want to be a pompey player, we already know how ruthless they can be, they'll get rid of loads of them.

We are a long way off achieving it just yet but there will be a certain irony if we are in The Champs. next season and they are in L1.

Regardless of that, I unreservedly wish only the best for their futures and now that we have all moved on, hope to see them back at the Bank with their team soon......just not next season.

I won't be clapping the cowleys.....not until they join us in the championship of course

Good luck to them. Fantastic managers but they've been lucky to get a long term deal there based on the way they finished the season. From an outsider's point of view it seems like the only job they've failed at so far.
I would disagree, their record to date with another manager's players has been good:

P12 W6 D2 L4 Pts20

That is a win ratio of 50%, and points per game of 1.66. Over the course of a full season that would have seen them in the play-offs, and represents an immediate improvement on Jackett (1.57 points per game before he was sacked).

Give them two transfer windows, they will take some stopping next season.

Portsmouth's hierarchy have been impressed by them, apparently this decision was made a few weeks ago.

I would disagree, their record to date with another manager's players has been good:

P12 W6 D2 L4 Pts20

That is a win ratio of 50%, and points per game of 1.66. Over the course of a full season that would have seen them in the play-offs, and represents an immediate improvement on Jackett (1.57 points per game before he was sacked).

Give them two transfer windows, they will take some stopping next season.

Portsmouth's hierarchy have been impressed by them, apparently this decision was made a few weeks ago.

I think those stats mask that the first four games were all wins, Scotimp.

They took only 8 points from the last 8 games, and none of those opponents finished in the top 10. In fact the highest placed team they played in those 12 was Ipswich.

Now, this is not to say they won't do a bang-up job at Portsmouth, but that end of season run, and the final game, was not what anyone would have been expecting. The "find a way" mentality didn't work out with that side. Remember that last November most of us expected Portsmouth to get automatic promotion after they won easily at Sincil Bank.

I think those stats mask that the first four games were all wins, Scotimp.

They took only 8 points from the last 8 games, and none of those opponents finished in the top 10. In fact the highest placed team they played in those 12 was Ipswich.

Now, this is not to say they won't do a bang-up job at Portsmouth, but that end of season run, and the final game, was not what anyone would have been expecting. The "find a way" mentality didn't work out with that side. Remember that last November most of us expected Portsmouth to get automatic promotion after they won easily at Sincil Bank.

Agreed, not to mention their 'easier' run-in compared to teams in similar positions. Still, I suppose if Marquis hadn't scored that own goal they'd be getting plaudits for doing a good job. Fine margins.

Agreed, not to mention their 'easier' run-in compared to teams in similar positions. Still, I suppose if Marquis hadn't scored that own goal they'd be getting plaudits for doing a good job. Fine margins.
Do believe someone used to say fine margins quite a bit...

They have large fan base and money (even if it wasn’t theres). I think you are right they will be a force.

i hope Harry is an imp next season