Cowleys buying in Lincs? | Vital Football

Cowleys buying in Lincs?

gijsbert_bos

Vital Football Hero
Now there's a huge caveat here: I read this on the Fishy. A poster on there, who calls himself Lincoln Mariner 56, claims the Cowleys are moving out of their club rental at Burton Waters and buying a place in a Lincs village, and that their aim is to get us to the Championship.

Sounds too good to be true, but has anyone else heard this?

I understand they are prepared to move up to the Lincoln area and are looking at buying a house up here.

This was muted sometime ago. However Danny's wife still teaching in Essex and kids schooling there, aswell as extended family. I just can't see it.

JT_LCFC - 7/2/2018 09:19

This was muted sometime ago. However Danny's wife still teaching in Essex and kids schooling there, aswell as extended family. I just can't see it.

It may well have been mooted some time ago. Things do change, however, and I know he doesn't like the lengthy commute.

JT_LCFC - 7/2/2018 09:19

Kids can change schools and I’m sure his wife could get a new job.

If he has long term plans for Lincoln why wouldn't he buy a property as an investment - better to have your own place than a club house?? No idea but its his business.

Has this board really descended to the point that we’re reporting what goes on on the Fishy? Come on Gijsbert, you’re better than that.

The 'rumour' about them moving from Burton Waters is a reality I think from what a mate told me who works down there as a groundsman and speaks regularly with Kevin Cook - but destination is unknown - schools in Lincoln[shire] far better that in the Barnsley area - unless you pay for private education - I worked in Barnsley until fairly recently and could have moved there but decided to travel from Lincoln daily.

Davidimp - 7/2/2018 10:26

Be easier getting to Barnsley...
I live and work in "the tarn". I keep offering bets against this happening but they keep trying to wind me up. Not a snowballs.....