COVID Crewe | Vital Football

COVID Crewe

C_Latic

Vital 1st Team Regular
Surely this game gets postponed? Almost half their first team have the rona apparently. If I was a Latics player, I'd be refusing to play for mine and my family's safety.

Surely this game gets postponed? Almost half their first team have the rona apparently. If I was a Latics player, I'd be refusing to play for mine and my family's safety.
The season needs suspending, end of. Its a farce with no fans allowed anyway.

They've got 4 positive tests. sure when I heard the interview on radio with David Artell last weekend, he said it was health authorities who told them not to play, EFL, Crewe and Oxford were all happy for the game to go ahead

I’m surprised this game is still on. Surely under track and trace rules all their players who have contact with those affected should be self isolating??? Given the nature of football training you can’t avoid close contact and from I understand the virus may not become apparent for a fortnight meaning negative tests now for those other players doesn’t mean they don’t have it???

In fact just seen two of our players now have it - so surely the rest of our squad should be self isolating regardless of posting negative tests today???

In fact just seen two of our players now have it - so surely the rest of our squad should be self isolating regardless of posting negative tests today???

Nathan Cameron and Adam Long are self-isolating after testing positive for coronavirus.

I’m surprised this game is still on. Surely under track and trace rules all their players who have contact with those affected should be self isolating??? Given the nature of football training you can’t avoid close contact and from I understand the virus may not become apparent for a fortnight meaning negative tests now for those other players doesn’t mean they don’t have it???

Not necessarily. I work in a school and volunteer at a football club & am aware of what the PHE (or whatever it’s called nowadays) asks when recommending others isolate after a positive test.
If the only exposure is outdoors and in training that’s supposed to have been adapted to be Covid safe then it’s unlikely they’ll tell others to isolate. If they’ve not followed the guidance on changing rooms such as no more than 6 allowed in etc. then anyone who has spent prolonged contact indoors with them and within 2m are the only ones likely to be asked to self isolate.
In a school that’s what they ask, so if the school knows who was sat where in lessons and the dining room then there’s no need for these whole year off measures some schools have been making. I know if schools that have been told it’s only those sat within 2m of the infected pupil in class who need to isolate.
Similarly I know of football clubs who’ve played a team where a day later a player on the opposition team team has been diagnosed and PHE have told them there’s no need for any of them to isolate despite the fact they had been challenging, tackling etc the infected player

Not necessarily. I work in a school and volunteer at a football club & am aware of what the PHE (or whatever it’s called nowadays) asks when recommending others isolate after a positive test.
If the only exposure is outdoors and in training that’s supposed to have been adapted to be Covid safe then it’s unlikely they’ll tell others to isolate. If they’ve not followed the guidance on changing rooms such as no more than 6 allowed in etc. then anyone who has spent prolonged contact indoors with them and within 2m are the only ones likely to be asked to self isolate.
In a school that’s what they ask, so if the school knows who was sat where in lessons and the dining room then there’s no need for these whole year off measures some schools have been making. I know if schools that have been told it’s only those sat within 2m of the infected pupil in class who need to isolate.
Similarly I know of football clubs who’ve played a team where a day later a player on the opposition team team has been diagnosed and PHE have told them there’s no need for any of them to isolate despite the fact they had been challenging, tackling etc the infected player

I was unaware about the outdoor guidelines making self isolation unnecessary. Makes the decision to ban small crowds socially distanced at football all the more puzzling.

I was unaware about the outdoor guidelines making self isolation unnecessary. Makes the decision to ban small crowds socially distanced at football all the more puzzling.

I don't think it's the seating during the game that is the concern, it's the "pinch points" like turnstiles, gangways, toilets and the likelihood of congested pubs in the vicinity of grounds pre / post match.
Not saying it's not manageable, but there are bigger considerations than just filling 5k (say) out of 25k seats.

All other players have apparently been tested since and don't have it.

The self isolation guidelines I believe are more for people who may have came into contact with someome but show no symptoms and due to a high demand for tests won't all be able to get a test.

Long wouldn't have played anyway and Cameron was on the bench last game so may not have played either so while you don't want any of the players getting it, it may not really affect the game that much and Sheridan wants to get on with it and keep up the momentum.

I don't think it's the seating during the game that is the concern, it's the "pinch points" like turnstiles, gangways, toilets and the likelihood of congested pubs in the vicinity of grounds pre / post match.
Not saying it's not manageable, but there are bigger considerations than just filling 5k (say) out of 25k seats.

Fair point, though pubs are ‘managed’ anyway. I’m guessing the issue is concourses, urinals and congestion over bridge for example with us.

It's only if the training is covid secure (& they've all had to submit risk assessments to show that it is)
Similarly step 3-6 of non league have had to put RA's in place to show they're covid secure
The area that the guidelines see as most risky for footballers is prolonged contact in enclosed spaces such as the changing rooms