Court | Vital Football

Court

A huge step in removing Owen Oyston from Blackpool Football Club could occur next week when the prospect of a Court Receiver being appointed is discussed in the High Court.

Valeri Belokon’s application to have a Receiver appointed to recoup the £25m he is still owed by Oyston will be heard next Wednesday, it has now been confirmed.

As revealed last month, Belokon’s lawyers Clifford Chance, who it is understood have already identified a Receiver, are considering going down this route to bring an end to the recent impasse.

The hearing will be heard at the Rolls Building in London in front of Justice Marcus Smith.
A Court Receiver would be brought in to discharge the assets of Owen and Karl Oyston as well as Segesta - which owns Blackpool FC, the stadium, the training ground as well as the Travelodge and Quernmore Hall.
Were a Receiver to be appointed, this would be an unprecedented move in English football and would involve a lot of uncertainty, involving the potential threat of a 12-point deduction by the EFL.
This is because under EFL rules, the appointment of a Court Receiver is deemed ‘an insolvency event’ in the same way Administration is.

The Oystons were ordered to buy out former director Belokon for £31.27m back in November 2017 after it was found they had illegitimately stripped the club of cash following promotion to the Premier League in 2010.
The judge found Belokon had been unfairly prejudiced and the club was put up for sale four days later.

The interest on such a loan would surely cripple him.
Who in their right mind would loan over £25 million pounds to a man of 84, particularly with the reputation and record that he has.

Tangerine Knights have posted picture of VB already in London for meetings prior to the court hearing :thumbup:

I don't think they have said the meetings are about the club
It does seem likely though and the the last time VB was seen in London at the time of a court hearing was 20 months ago when he gave evidence in the original trial

I doubt VB is in London on a sightseeing holiday.

We have had a number of false dawns and we should keep our feet on the ground. London is still a financial centre and VB is a banker, it doesn't automatically follow that he is here for the court case although I really hope he is here for the proceedings and to establish a safe extraction of OO and a new partner in BFC.

Unfortunately Dave, I don't think it'll happen.
I think OO will appeal ANY decision and ask for more time to put together a loan to pay off VB. And so it goes.....

I don't see why he can't pay VB off anyway? What with the 'salary' he took from us in the Premier League....

Never underestimate oo the bastard should have gone months ago but he twists and turns like the snake he is. I'm assuming nothing