Could you really see jacket coming to us? | Vital Football

Could you really see jacket coming to us?

Gills88

Vital Reserves Team
Left Rotherham due to the transfer budget of Rotherham, we have the same if not most likely less than them. Apparently Rotherham are entitied to compensation if he is to sign to for another club before 6 months.

Don't know about the compensation issue with Rotherham.

Jackett probably looked at the transfer budget at Rotherham and thought there is no way he could keep the club up in The Championship so did a runner early so not cause harm to his CV.

He may look at the transfer budget here and think it's workable to get Gillingham to where he and Scally want us to be.

mozzer59 - 3/1/2017 17:21

Kenny Jackett going to Barnet!
Is he though only source is one bloke who feels the need to get a photo with everyone he speaks to and then calls them there friends

Yes I can see Jackett coming here. he was at Millwall in our division, failed at Wolves in the championship. The likes of Steve Evans went from the mighty Leeds playing front of 34,000 down to Mansfield playing in front of 2,000 in the same season. They all need to pay their mortgages!

daveycrocket - 3/1/2017 20:20

Yes I can see Jackett coming here. he was at Millwall in our division, failed at Wolves in the championship. The likes of Steve Evans went from the mighty Leeds playing front of 34,000 down to Mansfield playing in front of 2,000 in the same season. They all need to pay their mortgages!
I wouldn't say Kenny Jackett failed at Wolves, he did get them promoted as League One Champions, OK, Wolves had by far the biggest budget in the division, but you still got to get the results over the course of the season.

I also think that the takeover from Chinese conglomerate Fosun International was the main reason why Jackett left Wolves and Walter Zenga took over in his place.

The implication was that Jackett failed at Wolves because he got the sack, but I would love him to come here. I heard on Talksport Radio today that He's favourite for the Barnet job......Really, when the mighty Gills job is available. Surely no contest!!